I have the personal right!

If you friends laughing at your helmet then go find new friends.
+1

Gear?

Are you kidding?  Always!

Here's my wife on the treadmill for cryin' out loud!    
ThumbsUp.gif

V_On_Tread__Medium_.JPG

Are the original posts supposed to be funny? Pictures of someone injured while riding? Are you kidding? Who is this guy?

Careful. Fate likes to slap down people who tempt it.

Are the original posts supposed to be funny? Pictures of someone injured while riding? Are you kidding? Who is this guy?

Careful. Fate likes to slap down people who tempt it.
Only a sadic person would find those pictures funny. I think these pics are just a way of delivering a clear message. And they are quite soft, just abrasions (maybe the second guy wounds were more severe). The consequences of crashing at more than walking speed not wearing a helmet can be much more gory (splattered brains and all...).

And I prefer to think in terms of risk situations rather than "fate".

BTW, my students find funny the pictures we show them of what happens if you put your body at the wrong places around an aircraft, but that's a different story.

I don't necessarily think they are funny, specifically, but I do find the attitude adjustment in general is apropos. Maybe the right word is irony. That someone could deny themselves the maximum protection for any reason and then eat it is truly ironic.

Of course, had I not survived my early years, I might have been scarred up for life too.

Funny? Not really. Still, I have to laugh at the pokes that were made. THEY are definitely funny. And the point is once again, driven home with a great deal of impact. For that, you cannot complain.

--Wag--

It has always been all or nothing with me. Whats that old saying. Dress for the slide not for the ride.......

I keep hounding my friend, who is also an org. member, about gear. All the gear. He thinks a helmet and gloves are good enough. I will stay on him for the reasons shown above. Got another friend I also work with that rides a Hardly. He's a lost cause. Thinks one of those sgt. Shoultz beenie helmets is all he needs. :( Id rather sweat a little than bleed a lot

If I had no helmet or just the beanie when I tossed it a couple weeks ago, my face would look like that first guy. Instead, I just have to get a new helmet which I was contemplating anyway, so, there you go.

Great old thread to pull up once in a while.

--Wag--

Re: I have the personal right!

My other bike is a harley.....I cant believe the mentality of many riders. NO helmets...you are wuss if you wear one!??? Otherwise smart guys rippin down the road with an exposed egg on their shoulders. REally is incredible. Then there is the weekend crotch rocket riders. Shorts, sleeveless shirt, and sandals. Man that pavement is hard. Gear is so good today it's stupid to be without it. IT's not a matter of if, but rather when.

I've said this on the board before, maybe even in this thread but on the couple of occasions when I rode a friend's Harley for some reason, I wore ALL of my gear. Must've looked a little different seeing a Harley blasting down the road (and cornering quite well, I might add) with a guy in full Suzuki branded leather!!! LOL

That pavement is just as hard falling off a Harley as it is off a Busa. 50mph is 50mph. OUCH-a-MAMA!

--Wag--

All the pictures in the world will not make a person wear a helmet.
Peer pressure will do more ...
Come to think about it, I don't ride with anyone who does not wear a lid.
Many years ago we (co workers) got together for a ride. First time some of the guys rode with our small group. A couple showed up without helmets... no one gave them a good flaming.
Later on days later at work one of the guys (helmetless) made a comment on how uncomfortable he felt being in the minority of the group.
He now rides with gear and a quality helmet.
Okay there was a little flaming going on. :laugh:

I don't think the pictures are to laugh at anyone. It is kind of like the old "Blood on the Asphalt" films they would show in driver's ed and defensive driving courses for educational purposes. ???

Re: I have the personal right!

Helmet
LEATHER Gloves
LEATHER Jacket with armor
LEATHER Pants with armor
ARMORED boots

Did I forget anything?

--Wag--

Pictures! (no homo)

Last edited:
Back