I found out why my baby was burping!

Bigbody

Registered
She had bad gas!!!!!!!
For those who missed the "my baby is burping thread" here it is

I had been running el gas-O cheapo and for some reason my baby likes the expensive gas. Maybe it got it's taste from it's owner. I'm 22 with a busa for those who don't know.
smile.gif

I had been running 93 octane for the first 13K miles then switched to 87 octane when the gas starting going up. Guess I can't cut that corner. After a couple of tanks of 93 octane my baby started acting like her very fast none stuttering self. I'm so glad it was just gas.
smile.gif
I think she got that from me too!

smile.gif

Only thing mine has seen is 87 octane. Think the service manual recommends it.

I think it had something to do with detonating from the exhaust system and no pc. I'll switch back to 87 when I get a pc and some tuning. Gotta save some money on gas to make up for the money spent on the pc.

Don't run a full exhaust system with no PC. Your bike is running way lean.

Chevron 87 and my baby loves it! Use 87 octane UNLESS you're experiencing detonation (pinging).

Don't run a full exhaust system with no PC. Your bike is running way lean.
Yeah, I know, but my stockers were all scratched up and that full system was too purty! I thought I was gonna be able to buy the pc but I ran into some financial difficulties. anybody offer payment plans?

I only use Chevron . In my 02 I only ran 93 but in my 04 I switched to what the manuel says ( plus ALOT of racers) 87

I was running 93 and only recently dropped back to '89 in my '05-

I figured with the 11:1 compression it would need the higher octane.

BUSAFETT

my bike came with a full ehaust and no power commander can that damage my engine?

I've been told by many people that stock 'Busa's need 87 octane. It lactually oses power with higher octane. Unless you boost the compression you should stay with 87. Saves money too.

Back