I fought the IRS and won! Almost.

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Today the letter came in the mail. As most of you know I had to pay the IRS $4430.50 back in February for tax year 2006.

After three (3) IRS agents the per diem meal codes were allowed. Makes perfect sense since it is in their OWN IRS CODE! There were several other deductions that were not allowed and/or cut back. No problem.

I will be getting $2249.00 back for 2006 tax year plus interest paid. ($440.00) :thumbsup:

Still had to pay $2181.50 for 2006 but it is far better than the original amount of $4430.50.

One (1) year and forty (40) days later it's done. I'm glad it's over but we never, never gave up.

r8

Last edited:
Congrats. i bet the interest they give you back isnt the same as the interest they charge you when you didnt pay though.

congrats. i greatly respect your hard work and patience. dealing with such agencies can be horrible
:beerchug:

It actually became a game with me. Threatening letters and all.

Screw them. I knew we had the "ace in the hole" but the wheels turn slowly.

r8

I think they are accustomed to people not arguing with them and just paying the money. They were hounding me for a while but leave me alone now after much discussion.:whistle:

congratulations!:thumbsup:
it never fails that it takes them few years to figure out if there are some mistakes in filing! i wonder why? could it be because of all the interests and penalties they collect!:banghead:

Back