I fought the IRS..and lost.

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Oh, ya gotta love the IRS. We have several in Government who made a "mistake" and still get nominated. Hey Rangel? Your azz in jail yet?

Now, the rest of the story.

I have been fighting the IRS for just about one year. Oh, the threatening letters. Your accounts, your home..blah..blah.

My accountant has been handling this as my power of attorney and I took my case to a Tax Advocate. The deductions in question were allowed for the past 20 years but a "special" tax audit team is in place picking on the transportation industry. Gotta fund those Social Programs ya know.

Seems the IRS is now considering a few select deductions as "gray area's" in the tax code. It's black and white but they don't read it the way my account does. <-read that again please.

I had one more option left which was another $1000.00 to hire a Tax Attorney. There were no guarantees of victory however but would only increase my total expense. My account told me the Advocate made the comment if going to court we "might audit other years". This is on tape.

Another facet of this audit is that one employee's case was dropped. Why I asked? Well, since this person is no longer employed (at my company) they dropped the case.

Wait just a **** minute here! Does this relieve him of his tax liability for 2006?

Yeah, guess so was the reply. (unbelievable)

I had to settle the case. No since rolling the dice with the threats made to me huh? I cut a check for $4430.50 to settle with the IRS.

Hey Rangel and Timothy Geithner! I had to pay interest and penalties. Guess your above it huh?

I sat down this week and completely reorganized my finances. I cashed out some investments, paid off all debt and IRS for the total amount of $14,792.20.

I put $10,000.00 back in savings, changed my deductions to married and four and will pay the least tax possible. I will cut my income down drastically and basically sit on my azz until I retire in two years.

There is just no motivation to succeed only to move back wards especially in Obobo land. Who knows, maybe there is some "welfare" plan I can qualify for?

You can bet I'll be looking.

r8

Wow!
A question. Can you deduct the expenses from dealing with the "SS". :whistle: The irs is one agency I would love to see go away. It is totally useless. Pushes papers all day and harrasses the hard working people and let the crooks slide cause it's too hard to get anything from them.

Well at least glad the stress is over from having to deal with them.

You didn't lose against the IRS... You gave up. ???

Not true. Fought for one year with two options before me. When it gets to a Tax Advocate then the letters state seizing your house a choice has to be made.

1) Another $1000.00 with no guarantees of wining case.

2) IRS on tape saying will audit other years if I do so.

Just remember who the Liberals nominated for head of the IRS. Another pinhead.

r8

wow that's depressing! i hope something turns out for the better in your situation. ???

wow that's depressing! i hope something turns out for the better in your situation. ???

For once I made a good thing out of a bad thing. Cleared all debt, except new truck, and reorganized my tax bracket.

I also changed my income and will adjust investments through the year to reflect the lowest tax bracket possible.

Might buy some retirement property in Ohio. :laugh: Should be cheap now.

r8

I am having my EIC questioned beacuse the hospital misspelled my name on Jakes bith cert... Looks like it will be Oct or Nov before I see any refund.. Funny took them 5 min to find the problem, even tho I have sent every doccument they asked for it will still take for ever.. I am just gonna stop paying taxes..

so they spent $49,000 in government personell wages while they extract $14,000 from you? No wonder we are a nation in debt.

WHO IS VOTING IN THESE FREAKING MORONS?

anyone ready for revolution yet?

I am having my EIC questioned beacuse the hospital misspelled my name on Jakes bith cert... Looks like it will be Oct or Nov before I see any refund.. Funny took them 5 min to find the problem, even tho I have sent every doccument they asked for it will still take for ever.. I am just gonna stop paying taxes..

Why not? Charles Rangel D-NY and Timothy Geithner didn't..or tried to get away with it. Remember, no penalties for these pinheads.

Gateway Pundit: Liberal Senate Panel Approves Tax Cheat to Head IRS

r8

Last edited:
Ouch that sucks!!!

Yes, but the bottom line is just how unfair the IRS is.

IRS-We don't see it that way?

Accountant-Well, we do here in your own tax code!

IRS-Doesn't matter. It's a "gray area".

r8

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your problems. I agree whole heartedly that we should do away with the Giant Self Licking Ice Cream Cone know as the IRS.

I'm glad you were able to make something positive come of it.

I do not know your situation or anything but question why not just have put what ever money into a 401K or something of that nature that way it would have been tax exempt? Like I said I do not know you situation just asking? Also next time if you just need to off load a little money to help yourself out at tax time you can put all the money you want in my son college fund :laugh::laugh: hell I could even get him to call you uncle R8:laugh:

I do not know your situation or anything but question why not just have put what ever money into a 401K or something of that nature that way it would have been tax exempt? Like I said I do not know you situation just asking? Also next time if you just need to off load a little money to help yourself out at tax time you can put all the money you want in my son college fund :laugh::laugh: hell I could even get him to call you uncle R8:laugh:

Hey, I put 20% in a 401K. It was for cell phone, no longer allowed, per diem meal codes and a host of other deductions.

All job related in there own IRA code but now a "gray area".

r8

Hey, I put 20% in a 401K. It was for cell phone, no longer allowed, per diem meal codes and a host of other deductions.

All job related in there own IRA code but now a "gray area".

r8

Ah I got you now they are not wanting you to take work decuctions that really blows but I have to tell you my dad went through the same crap every year just like you with the same crap. Invest some money in to a farm that way you can take those AG exemptions :whistle:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your problems. I agree whole heartedly that we should do away with the Giant Self Licking Ice Cream Cone know as the IRS.

I'm glad you were able to make something positive come of it.

I had to.

Now, I'm on a guarantee of $82530 a year at work whether I work or not. 10 hours this week so far. Just a small truck payment, low mortgage, food and utilities.

I'm on call 24/7 but I'll live with it.

Might get a Student Loan, which I'll never pay back and get me "one of those educations". :laugh:

r8

:moon: @ IRS

Fug em. I think they have screwed about everyone I know at this point.
:thumbsup::bowdown: for at least fighting them! :cheerleader:

Ah I got you now they are not wanting you to take work decuctions that really blows but I have to tell you my dad went through the same crap every year just like you with the same crap. Invest some money in to a farm that way you can take those AG exemptions :whistle:

Nope. I'm going on the Obobo Band Wagon.

Entitlements! I want entitlements!

r8

I had to.

Now, I'm on a guarantee of $82530 a year at work whether I work or not. 10 hours this week so far. Just a small truck payment, low mortgage, food and utilities.

I'm on call 24/7 but I'll live with it.

Might get a Student Loan, which I'll never pay back and get me "one of those educations". :laugh:

r8

Don't do it you make to much to deduct the interst. I can't even deduct the (close to) 250.00 in college application fees for my kid.

The whole thing is crazy. There is a real problem when the average person finds paying taxes confusing. Wouldn't it be simpler to simply have a flat tax or a national sales tax or something?

Back