The IRS IS AFTER ME

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
I GET THIS LETTER FROM THEM SAYS i OWE $465 FROM MY 07 TAXES.
I WITHDREW $$ FROM MY 401K + THE BANK DIDNT SEND ME MY STATEMENT THEY ADMIT THERE FAULT.I GOT IT NOW IT SHOWS I PAID MY TAXES BUT BECAUSE I GOT 9 GRAND THEY DIDNT KNOW ABOUT I PROB STILL OWE BECAUSE MIGHT HAVE GOT 2 MUCH BACK.THIS STINKS MAN THEY DONT PLAY TOLD ME SEND DOCUMENTATION THAT I PAID THE TAXES OR THEY START HAMMERING ME WITH LATE PENALTYS+INTREST.WITH THE IRS YOUR GUILTY UNTIL YOU PROVE YOURSELF INNOCENT.BANK MAKES MISTAKE NOW I PAY FIGURES

1255134852978.gif

I FEEL LIKE SOMEBODYS WATCHING ME.LIKE THE IRS

- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me: Relaid Audio[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a "CPA" in your corner as, they're really into the scare ...."we're gonna nuke you" or else type tactics but, they'll except that even you may have made an oversight even if your bak did it for you.....either way just pay it and, be done.
death & Taxes 4 sure....get it??

There's a 10% penalty for raiding your 401K plus the taxes. It's up to you to keep track of your taxes, not the banks. Like a credit card or mortgage payment, just because you don't get a statement doesn't mean your not obligated to make it on time.

Your caps lock is on....

My helper just got hit up by the irs today. Seems they are cleaning the books out looking for nickel and dimes. They actually asked him to take out a loan to pay them now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would see if you could get them to wave any penalties and just pay the owed amount and interest... the interest would not be too much.

What ever YOU do don't ignore the IRS. They can attach any of your assets - bank accounts, your pay check, your house - anything. Having a garnishment fromr the IRS will crush you credit score... If you can't pay now call for a payment plan... Keep calling them until you have some resolution.

Good luck!

i dont really get why you are so upset.....there was an error, you owe the taxes. it seems like they are even giving you an opportunity to show you paid...

does not seem too unreasonable....

The IRS has been getting real aggressive about going after smaller issues these days due to the emptying treasury..

10% is light from my understanding. If you're not 59 1/2 years of age you got to pay unless this was a loan against that 401K. If it's an after tax account just the penalty, if it was a before tax account you have to pay taxes and penalty. Best of Luck.

There's a 10% penalty for raiding your 401K plus the taxes. It's up to you to keep track of your taxes, not the banks. Like a credit card or mortgage payment, just because you don't get a statement doesn't mean your not obligated to make it on time.

I know i paid that when it was withdrawn the banker took care of it.
I did learn a lesson keep better records.
They can come back on something from 10 years ago.

I would see if you could get them to wave any penalties and just pay the owed amount and interest... the interest would not be too much.

What ever YOU do don't ignore the IRS. They can attach any of your assets - bank accounts, your pay check, your house - anything. Having a garnishment fromr the IRS will crush you credit score... If you can't pay now call for a payment plan... Keep calling them until you have some resolution.

Good luck!

I tried 2 call all i can get is automated system cant get hold of a human

i dont really get why you are so upset.....there was an error, you owe the taxes. it seems like they are even giving you an opportunity to show you paid...

does not seem too unreasonable....

THE BANK MADE THE ERROR NOT ME
I just went back 2 work dont get paid 4 a month
I am cranking off $22 a hour but long wait.

rvtech24 me and you dont get along i guess your stalking me
by posting on all my threads i have you on ignore so i dont read anything you post.

wish you could find somebody else 2 stalk.

Last edited:
You will have to pay them. You can probably get a few months deferment since you just went back to work (write letter, phone calls don't count). You will have to pay the interest, but you might be able to get out of the penalty. When you take out 'tax-free" money, the tax man cometh (eventually). Unfortunate, but it's the way it goes. Did you have anyone do your taxes, or did you do them yourself? You will also have to file an amended return I suspect. Good luck.

The IRS has been getting real aggressive about going after smaller issues these days due to the emptying treasury..

This is just the beginning....increased enforcement; higher taxes for all Americans are coming - did people think we could spend (borrow) all this money and there not be a repercussion?

Personally, I'd like to see greater enforcement of all the people that are paid 'off the grid'. There are billions paid to people who never report nor pay a penny of taxes; those are usually also the same one's that get most of the advantage of the benefits. Fair is fair.

Not trying to turn this into a tax/political thread - it's just that I've paid every single penny of taxes year after year after year (and even paid them ESTIMATED on Income NOT YET GENERATED) and it gets on my nerves.

This is just the beginning....increased enforcement; higher taxes for all Americans are coming - did people think we could spend (borrow) all this money and there not be a repercussion?

Personally, I'd like to see greater enforcement of all the people that are paid 'off the grid'. There are billions paid to people who never report nor pay a penny of taxes; those are usually also the same one's that get most of the advantage of the benefits. Fair is fair.

Not trying to turn this into a tax/political thread - it's just that I've paid every single penny of taxes year after year after year (and even paid them ESTIMATED on Income NOT YET GENERATED) and it gets on my nerves.

Unfortunately, the situation is a direct result of politics. Prior to the war on terror, the treasury was sitting so fat that the IRS even said that the probability of being audited was very very low.. Now, after draining the treasury the IRS is going after each and every penny they can track down.. :banghead:

THE BANK MADE THE ERROR NOT ME
I just went back 2 work dont get paid 4 a month
I am cranking off $22 a hour but long wait.

rvtech24 me and you dont get along i guess your stalking me
by posting on all my threads i have you on ignore so i dont read anything you post.

wish you could find somebody else 2 stalk.

Billy, read my post real slow, my wife does work for the IRS, all I was doing was tring to be friendly.

Just because someone posts on your threads doesnt mean they are stalking you.:whistle:

Have I posted on ALL of your threads? this is the only one.

Back