The IRS IS AFTER ME

NIGHTFLIGHT.........Send them SOMETHING, even if it is $100.00, that will show them that you are aware of the debt. They will send you a new statement. In the meantime, Tell the bank you want them to be responsible for the interest and penalties. They will most likely agree to pay those. The IRS isn't going to take you away for $400.00, I, in the past, I have owed way more and if you show some interest in paying the owed amount, they will work with you. The worst thing anyone can do to the IRS is ignore or put off a statement from them................It is much easier than you think it is. Been there, done that. In addition, when I called them, they were VERY nice on the phone.

The IRS website has a link to contact a Tax Advocate that may be able to help you resolve this issue.

BUT I did pay the taxes on the $$$ and now have documents from bank 2 prove it.
I just might still owe because mabe got 2 big of return due to not reporting it.
The money in question I DID PAY MY TAXES ON.They dont mess around thats 4 shure.

who are they ???
I think you guys misunderstood me.

I paid the taxes back in 07 but the records of me getting the $$$ or paying the taxes were not sent in
I now have documents from the bank saying i paid the taxes.

who are they ???
I think you guys misunderstood me.

I paid the taxes back in 07 but the records of me getting the $$$ or paying the taxes were not sent in
I now have documents from the bank saying i paid the taxes.

Glad it's worked out for you!

I had a problem with my 2008 taxes in MO; I am due a refund for business taxes paid there so I claimed it; the state sent me a letter saying they never received any tax payments to start with; so my CPA had to show them the actual check the business wrote, and the forms that were filed along with it with my name and SSN on it...I don't know what MO's problem was, but they can't even seem to follow their own paperwork trail!

Back