I dont think Suzuki will make a GSXR1000

Gixx1300R

Registered
If you look at the performance numbers for the 2000 GSXR750 do they really need to?This little crotch rocket Smoked the ZX9,CBR929 and the R1 on the track,top end and was 2nd in the 1/4 mile 2 thousanths slower than the ZX9.Motorcyclist tested it at 172 mph,Bike magazine tested it at 170 mph so the numbers are close.

Yeah but there's a different reason. The 1000 will weigh scarily close to the 750. With 150rwhp stock. The R1 still has the balls to lead the class, for now.

I heard it will be an 1100.Makes sense,they had an 1100 before.It would be like Suzuki top the RI,and 929 by 100cc.wont be available for at least a year..They will tease us untill were drueling.Im looking forward to it.Make a nice second bike.

Hi guys....got inside info from Suzuki that there will be a "Big brother" and a "little bro " to the new 750 . it is a gsxr1000
this is for real !

Yse I have said that for a while it will not be a 1100 it will be a 1000.
And if your Suzuki dealer is good you can put a depsoit down on one now.
We did this before the Busa came out.Had 5 orders before we when to the show.

The German mag MOTORRAD reported that it will be a GSXR 1000 and it will have 161 hp ( around 145 RWHP ) and under 200 kg ( 444 pounds ). It will be shown in Munich this fall. I am going there...anyone???????

A good reason to have a GSXR-1000 (or 1100), along with the current GSXR-750, is the need to rev the smaller motor to really make it move. In Cycle's Sportbike 2000, where Kevin Schwantz rode the 750, they said the characteristics of the 750 are more like Schwantz's Grand Prix two-strokes than his old Superbikes.

The fastest 750's get around the track faster than the literbikes, but a lot of sportbike riders are willing to give up a step on the race track, to have that extra midrange muscle of a literbike.

2001 GSXR1?00 will weigh 370lb and match the
Busa in 1/4 mile times. FACT

Kind of like when Suzuki said at Daytona that the Zx12 lost in 1/4 mile and top speed honors in an upcoming US mag shoot out.

TO all non believers, I bet you can buy a ZX12 below MSRP at this point in the game.

I dont think Kawasaki will make something to beat the new GSXR either, ZX1000R

(sorry they offered that bike years ago, must'a been a time lapse)

Definately the newest generation EFI, remember this is suzuki were talking about.

In a recent excerpt from a Suzuki UK guy he was asked if the GSXR1000 exists, his reply was we build what the customer wants and it seems they want a large capacity sportsbike, we would try to stick to traditional Suzuki engine capacities.

so there we have it the GSXR1100 is on its way back!

Back