i did my backlights on clusters

hate to bring back such an old thread! BUT some might get use out of it!

I plan on doing this mod.. I have the money and the skill. I don't have the tools and the patients!!

if u search for the xbox360 geeks in ur area that r moding controlers and the rings in the front of the xbox on craigslist.

same lights(maybe), same process, various colors maybe on hand, since they r doing this on the cheap including labor they are able to source the leds cheaper

these guys r hurting for money right now because Microsoft(xbox) has cut their market off with the last software update! also search banned xbox to understande what I mean!

since we(the org) potentially will be opening a new market for these guys. some of us maybe able to get ur first mod done cheap. with the promise of refering ur friends and the information: that sport bikes use the same leds. new market more income.

here's a link, posting on my phone so it may not work!

elpaso.en.craigslist.org/vgm/1506962347.html
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
ive read and reread this thread a few times now and it sound pretty simple to me correct me if im wrong. all you have to do is...

1. remove gauge cluster from bike
2. disassemble gauge cluster to get to LEDs
3. unsoder motors off
4. remove old lights.
5. soder on new led (paying attention to orentation of the bulb)
6. replace motors
7. assemble gauge cluster
8. install gauge cluster
9. kick back with a cold one and admire your work :beerchug:

is that pretty close? i want to do this mod.

Yeah but be very careful.. my clock start acting up after I did mine. Not a VERY big deal but it is kinda iratating.

Anyone who is ballsy enough to try this task themselves. The led's are 0603 SMD leds. The arrow points toward the negative side of the led.

Anyone who is ballsy enough to try this task themselves. The led's are 0603 SMD leds. The arrow points toward the negative side of the led.

Ive done about thirty clusters, they take about an hour!

Back