Been awhile since ive been around

LILGSXR

Registered
Been busy with work and other fun stuff. Been thinking of projects for my bike and have come up with a few ideas. First one ive run into a snag. Looking to switch out the gauge cluster backlighting. I don't need the kits to do this i'm more than capable of doing it with raw parts but i need to know what to order. I haven't pulled the cluster off yet to look but ive been riding every day to work so would be hard to pull it out for a while :) if anyone could point me in the right direction i would apreciate it. thanks

Wish I could answer your question. Maybe you should post a new thread with your question in the title. We have an Aussie member here that did a very cool shift light built into his gauge cluster. Welcome back.

Might be wrong but I think they crank without the cluster. If you have a smart phone with GPS app you would have a speedo. :dunno:

i've looked at the blue gauge site and i'm not cheap by anymeans but $100 is alot for some led's depending on what size they are ive bought mostly 5mm's in bulk for less. No offense at all to the company i'm just the do it my self cuz i think i can kind of person :p i might have to break down and buy the kit like blue gauge has or pop the cluster off like dad sugested i'll velcro my phone someplace in there :)

Back