integrated tail light on orange/black, anybody with pics

hemi

Registered
noticed a couple of integrated led tail lights in the classifieds and was thinking about buying one. Here's a pic of my 08 black/orange, also have ca smoke signals. Think the smoke integrated tail light would blend in well with the signals, or would clear look better? Anybody got some nice pics of one on their orange/black. Are the integrated lights worth it, much brighter?

002.JPG

002.JPG

Here's mine, tail is close to the same color. I don't have the turn signals hooked up, but they are only one wire to each stock blinker(tailight is plug and play). You can see them inside the light on each side though.

SDC10926.jpg

SDC10928.jpg

The smoked version of the tailight matches the ca turnsignals almost perfect. IMO the lights are brighter on the stock taillight, but you can still see them on this one. There is not much difference between the brightness of the lights when the brake is on. I also don't have the turn signals hooked up on mine as you don't really need them.

It changes the look of the bike especially if you have the smoked turn signals. I was hesitant until I saw how closely they matched and haven't looked back since. you should be able to sell it fairly quickly if you don't like it though.

ok, thanks for the help. Might go ahead and order one. Exactly what i was thinking fiend, if i don't like it i could just sell it for probably the same price

from what i have read the stock tail light is brighter, is this true? I was under the impression this would be a lot brighter than the stocker, which is another reason i want one. If it's not as bright though i will re-consider my decision

I looked and prefered the stock lens and smoked CA turn signals,

I am so ADD/HD w/Honors it would bug me till the front turn signals matvhed the rear and I didn't want to try and find LED front turn signals.

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

from what i have read the stock tail light is brighter, is this true? I was under the impression this would be a lot brighter than the stocker, which is another reason i want one. If it's not as bright though i will re-consider my decision

I would say that the factory tail light is slightly brighter than these. But, I think the LEDs are more eye catching, and I don't mean stylish. Each LED is very sharp and bright, my eyes seem more drawn to them, as opposed to the stock's overall glow. This seems to go along with most all tractor trailer, trailer lights, being switched over to LEDs in recent years.
It's an apples and oranges comparison to an extent. I think they are worth seeing in person. Buy it and try it...if you don't like it, send it back.
Smoked or clear appear the same, day or night.
The difference is not like tinting the stock tail light either. Personally I think the LED is more noticeable, and I would not change mine back.
Besides...in most cases, the idiot who plows over you from behind...probably never saw your tail light:rofl: Yes, the truth hurts.

thanks sixpack577, u made my decision for me. Just sent ham4864 a pm that i would buy it from him for $65 including shipping. Looks like it will blend in with my black tail and smoke ca lenses perfectly, which is what i'm looking for. For $65, if i don't end up liking it and can just turn around and re-sell it anyways

ended up ham4864 sold the tail light this morning, crap!! Bought one from motodynamics for $84 tonight. Oh well, i have been really wanting one for a while anyways. Quick question though, can i hook up the integrated signals into my stock wiring and have both the stock signals/tail light signals blinking at the same time?

ended up ham4864 sold the tail light this morning, crap!! Bought one from motodynamics for $84 tonight. Oh well, i have been really wanting one for a while anyways. Quick question though, can i hook up the integrated signals into my stock wiring and have both the stock signals/tail light signals blinking at the same time?

Yes you can. The tail light is plug and play, and then there is one wire for each blinker in the tail light. Simply hook each signal wire from the light to the factory harness, (many types of electrical connectors at auto parts stores to plug or crimp the wires together, that will make it neat so you can take it off without a hacked wiring harness, should you not like the light). You can use them all 3 ways, just stock, just tail light, or all 4.:beerchug:

So, has anyone put an integrated light in, and then pulled the stock turnsignal pods off? How does it look? Even though they are "removable", do they leave a big, unsightly hole, or does it look ok?

So, has anyone put an integrated light in, and then pulled the stock turnsignal pods off? How does it look? Even though they are "removable", do they leave a big, unsightly hole, or does it look ok?

I'll go with Big Unsightly Hole:laugh: Someone good with fiberglass and paint could probably do a nice job with them off though. Haven't seen it yet.

if u wanted to go the route of just using the integrated tail light and getting rid of the stock turn signals, u could always spray tint the stock signals very dark, or even paint them black. Wait a minute, i'm thinkin of the black tail on an 08 orange/black, if u painted the stock signals black they would blend in with the stock tail and be barely noticeable, guess this wouldn't work on other colors though. Think i will hook up the integrated signals and keep the stock signals also, more light in the back the better

Back