Hrd Starting Issues For My 2006 Solved.

flightofthebusa

Registered
Fuel is the number 1 problem for issues like this. Do not fill your bike up with fuel if there is fuel truck on the premises.

The fuel is pump into the holding tanks, and stirs up all the water and sediment in the bottom of the tank.

Then you pump all that junk into you bike or cars tank.

If you could pre-filter your gas before putting it into your tank. This is the true answer.

Just thought I would share some important info.

IMG-20170308-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20170308-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20170308-WA0006.jpg

Thanks for the pics I have heard there is a mod for the fuel filter issues that the gen 2 have to not sure ? :thumbsup:

Do not fill your bike up with fuel if there is fuel truck on the premises. The fuel is pump into the holding tanks, and stirs up all the water and sediment in the bottom of the tank. Then you pump all that junk into you bike or cars tank. If you could pre-filter your gas before putting it into your tank. This is the true answer. Just thought I would share some important info.

+1 Good to think about. I rode around the west coast 6k miles and filled up at lots of different gas stations. Bike ran like a champ until the last day. The fuel filter got clogged with a bad tank of gas I assume. Mine didn't look nearly that bad though. Does anyone know how fuel is filtered at gas stations anyways??

+1 Good to think about. I rode around the west coast 6k miles and filled up at lots of different gas stations. Bike ran like a champ until the last day. The fuel filter got clogged with a bad tank of gas I assume. Mine didn't look nearly that bad though. Does anyone know how fuel is filtered at gas stations anyways??

I may be wrong, but I think that they just use a twist on filter at the pump.

That amount of crap has been building up for years it's not just one tank full,I clean mine out every 2yrs to stop this kind of problem

Actually, this was supposed to have been done 2yrs ago, according to the shop. LOL :)

However, I am looking into buying a pre-filter for the fuel before it hits the tank.

I hope this post helps lead someone else in the right direction if they are experiencing similar problems.

thanks for all the replys everyone.

I like this web site it offers a world of knowledge and experience. : )

Back