How to use a power commander?

merczab

Registered
So my bike has a Power Commander installed in it, and I've been looking up online how to use it, but it's all gibberish to me.
Something about richness and rpms and all that...
All I want is to get the highest MPG out of it... What do I do? hahah

My 05 had one when I bought it, best advice I have is dont touch it.

From personal experience, these help me get the most MPG: proper tire inflation, proper maintenance and wrist control. If your bike is running FINE with the current map/tune in the PC for the mods on your bike, then best to leave the PC alone.
P.S. How is the paint project coming along?

i agree with twotonevert, mine came with a PC, and i chose to play with the settings for s+g, looking back, i think it ran best with the (what i now think was) custom tune already in it...

My 05 had one when I bought it, best advice I have is dont touch it.

I agree with that if you feel confortable someone who didn't know what they were doing hasn't already been playing with it like an atari 2600...

I'm only letting my tuner touch my power commander only thing I did was load my brocks map till I get it tuned

Great medium to put canned maps in, but if u are going to go to the trouble of a custom tune, or are planning on modding your bike above and beyond a pipe and air cleaner, go ECU editor. 10 times the adjustability, u can turn off limiters, etc.
Just need to find a tuner with a flag unit, and pick up a cable from Boost by Smith.

So my bike has a Power Commander installed in it, and I've been looking up online how to use it, but it's all gibberish to me.
Something about richness and rpms and all that...
All I want is to get the highest MPG out of it... What do I do? hahah
Power commanders aren't meant for fuel mileage, they're meant to give more power when you add on mods like full exhausts. When you get more power you use more fuel.......so if you really want better mileage take it off and go back to stock.

If you want the best mileage you can get with aftermarket mods like exhausts etc, get a good dyno tune and be happy. The busa isn't designed to be a gas miser, its designed to make lots of power and go very fast :laugh:

Back