Power Commander 3

Bigpopa64

Registered
So guys I bought a used power commander 3 yesterday and a barely used K&N filter off fleebay lol
for my 02 Busa the power commander came with the cd and all connectors so this is my question how to set it up for the K&N filter and Yoshi full system will i have to mess with the 3 buttons on the power commander or just find the map off the cd , trying to do this myself instead of paying my mechanic to do it any walk through help would be appreciated I tried to Utube it nothing available for as 02 Busa and as version 3 power commander thanks in advance

find a map on the PC website that is close to what you have and run it. Short of having it dyne tuned those are the options

I will have it dyno tuned at a later date its $350 my next thing to do when I have a few extra coins is to send my ecu to Powerhouse and let Frank flash my ecu then have it dyno tuned

I pulled up maps from power commander for a 02 Hayabusa only seen 2 for full system Yoshumara and k&n filter really only one is this the correct one or could someone if you have a moment could you screen shot the correct one for me please I would appreciate it very much thanks

A base map on a PC is only going to do so much, and they aren't that good.
Best thing you can do is load it and try it.
I'de load and try several maps for full exhausts(brand doesn't matter), and use the one the bike runs best on.
That's not a real scientific answer, but base maps are just that, a baseline. Something with a little more fuel here and there to help leaning the mix from a full exhaust.
A good dyno tune will be the only way to improve the bike from this point.

Im just doing it for the muffler and K&n filter I will be sending mu ecu to Frank to flash it ansmd a dyno later much later its $350 i have to recuperate spent alot of cash on it so far Im not a wealthy man lol thanks

That one will work. You figure out how to load it etc?

I tried to download it on my laptop couldn't open it not to smart with the computer Adobe wouldn't open it said unreadable so I brought my laptop to work and hopefully my co worker can get it for me I hope

Co worker didnt have time to help me I wasted a total of 4 hours messing with this power commander for nothing maybe its broken just very frustrating for something that supposed to be so simple :banghead::fire: I hate to have to pay my mechanic to do this :banghead:

Up date I was close to getting it said it wasn't communicating with the pc3 tired going to be I try to figure ot out tomorrow ran down two 9 volt batteries :eek::banghead:

Should be plug and play. I just upgraded to PC and have no need for the old pc. I can give you a good deal on it if yours isnt working.

One other option: send it to POWERHOUSE, and I will download a custom map from something I previously tuned. It should be close. I will do this for no charge, you pay shipping both ways. If you
send your ecu along with it, we can knock out two birds . . .

Sounds great Frank thanks I will let you know I want to make sure the power commander isn't broken I bought it used any tips

Back