Power commander

Billy Busa

Banned
Is there a MAC version power commander or do i need windows? I know nothing about power commanders, im new to all this stuff.
What's the best power commander for the 08 hayabusa?

You would need a newer MAC, and you'd need BootCamp. Even then you will still be needing Windows.

What are you doing to the bike that you feel warrants a Power Commander (PC III USB)?

You won't need it with most slip-on mufflers. If you want to tweak your fuel/air ratio map, you will need some sort of interface, like a Power Commander.

You also have the mode selector switch, and it's functionality to consider when making a modification like this.

I never had a hayabusa or power commander before.
Do you need a power commander when you put on air filters ETC?

What specifically do you need a power commander for?

Unless you have a full exhaust you should not need one and from what I have heard even with a full exhaust on the GenII Busa you do not need one either due to the mode select on the bike

The Gen2 bike runs a closed loop FI system.. It can compensate for a number of mods and will self adjust the fuel system for some pipes (more on this later after Greg finishes his testing at GPW Exhaust dyno day!!) so far for sure the Yosh pipe does not require the PC and can be installed and run.. (may be a bit more power with a PC however)

The mode switch has little to do with this (it by my guess probably retards spark and changes the fuel map)

If you can wait another 2 or 3 weeks to make any modifications, I suspect that GPW will have some very good data on what pipes you can purchase, the power increases, the ability of the bike to adjust without other modifications..

Thanks guys, I dont plan on doing too much mods except getting rid of those big bazooka pipes.
beerchug.gif

Back