How to hook up PS3 to new tv

So your telling me there is no way for one HDMI wire to transfer data faster than another if so I'm going to be pissed I have three of those wires cable, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Well what im saying is that even if it could transfer more data its pointless because A). Your TV will not except it and B). The xbox or PS3 is not designed to output it.

Your TV's 120hz capability is all done internally. All its doing is doubling each frame to give an illusion of less judder. Thats why its 120hz. Most Hi Def content is at 24hz or 60hz. It doubles it to 120hz. Both 24 and 60 is a multiple of 120.:beerchug:

Well what im saying is that even if it could transfer more data its pointless because A). Your TV will not except it and B). The xbox or PS3 is not designed to output it.

Your TV's 120hz capability is all done internally. All its doing is doubling each frame to give an illusion of less judder. Thats why its 120hz. Most Hi Def content is at 24hz or 60hz. It doubles it to 120hz. Both 24 and 60 is a multiple of 120.:beerchug:
I was reading the info on my TV the Sony XBR5 it does accept 120HZ signal. I don't know about any other hardware but my blueray player and Xbox 360 both say they can out put 120HZ signal. You guys are getting me all confused I spent alot of money on these cables and TV just cause it was 120HZ. In a second I'm going to start kicking myself in the .balls

I was reading the info on my TV the Sony XBR5 it does accept 120HZ signal. I don't know about any other hardware but my blueray player and Xbox 360 both say they can out put 120HZ signal. You guys are getting me all confused I spent alot of money on these cables and TV just cause it was 120HZ. In a second I'm going to start kicking myself in the .balls

Now im confused. Give me a bit and i'll find the answer. Im at work right now so its hard to do research. But if im wrong im wrong.

I settled on a 47" LG lcd 1080p, works great so far for what i'm usin it for

Just in case no one else mentioned it, Do NOT worry about spending $$$ on high dollar "monster" or similar cables for any of your Digital connections. They are still peddled but bottom line with a digital source you either get that 0 or 1 or you don't, no need to spend an extra penny on anything fancy... Analog, or power connections might be worth spending some extra $$$ bit NOT on Digital signals.

FWIW... Enjoy your new PS3, I'm still waiting for GT-5 to come out so I can buy one. Did get a Wii for my Birthday though and I'm telling ya, it's noway near the graphics quality of the PS3... But man it's fun in a new and different way.

Back