HDTV Antenna

bigoltool

Registered
So my trusty 8 year old tv blew up and I just got a new Sony Bravia TV with an upconvert DVD palyer (WOW!)this weekend and I want to get some HD content to see what it will really do. I live about 45 miles north of Seattle and there are a lot of local stations broadcasting HD content now. I have dish network now and though I own my older DVR outright, I would wind up having to get there newest (722)HD DVR to get HD from them. In the meantime I am seriously wanting to put up an antenna to get some local HD. The Antenna I am looking at is this (LINKY)one from Terrestrial Digital. Has anyone had any experience with these or similar? If so what was involved in the installation and setup? do they work as planned?

Thanks in advance!

I have a standard antenna that I paied 20 bucks for in the attic..... As far as I know you dont have to have any special antenna for Hi Def I could be wrong....

I have a paperclip hanging out of mine and it works... (guy at Ovation Audio told me to try it)

Most people just get cable
lurk.gif

Cable does not work for OTA HDTV... mine has separate inputs

There is one of the best desktop styles out, most places have them 20-40 range. Its called the Silver Sensor and it kicks much anus.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Silver Sensor proven itself in front of the FCC, but it is now the "reference antenna" for data broadcasting[/quote]

And for the most part its UHF not VHF for HD but otherwise they arent necessarily "special" though there are some roof/attic mounts that are fuggin monsters. They can be powered and depending on line of sight, etc you could get the next town's stations
cool.gif

Anywho, I've used the silver sensor, works great
beerchug.gif

standard rabbit ears for HD Airwaves here. did some research, people saying special "HD" antennas are no different. maybe include an amplifier. anyway, my basic antenna picks up ALL my local HD stations [which is all of them now] in wonderful HD. Looks GREAT!

Both regular ears and HD ears work the same. The HD ears are often amplified. Aplification is not just for distance but also clarity of the signal. Regular ears will lose the reception more than amplified versions. BTW - I picked up more HD channels with ears than with cable. Just got tired of losing the station from time to time with ears.

Diplex the sat line "coax" and you wont need to run another line.
Whats involved? Ive got RG6 coax coming from my dish to my house now. Can I use this same line to carry the input from an Antenna then? I'm interested! Not having to drill more holes in my house is always a good thing.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the input everybody!
thumb_up.gif

Back