lcd tv?

Panasonic 50 inch C1 1080p

Brand new, 600hz

Better color than any lcd, less buck than most, and now uses less energy with longer life and no burn in.

Go to any tv store and ask a tv sales associate what they have at home, they will all say panny plasma's

There legit.

Samsung makes the best lcd but still go side by side these two you will love it for about 600 less last time I checked
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to put in my 2 cents, but plasmas STINK. They have to be recharged every so many years, because the gases dissipate\become inert. If u plan on only keeping a tv 1-2 years and then getting rid of it, by all means buy a plasma and then sell it to some other poor soul and let them deal with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to put in my 2 cents, but plasmas STINK. They have to be recharged every so many years, because the gases dissipate\become inert. If u plan on only keeping a tv 1-2 years and then getting rid of it, by all means buy a plasma and then sell it to some other poor soul and let them deal with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah and if you don't strap it down it will float away like a balloon to! Lol

Lol wow I don't know where you are getting your facts from but you may want to recheck them!

Most plasma's these days have a 100,000 halflife. That's how long it would take to have half the brightness that it had out of the box. That's that's A LOT of time watching TV. So even if you left the tv on 24/7 it would take 11.41 years to get there. Considering it will probably only be on for a few hours a day that's a very long time and much more likely some other internal component will go out before then.

I really find it hard to believe people still believe in such obvious myths. No offense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Posted via Mobile Device

Busaman5000 is correct. There is no such thing as plasma refill for plasma TVs. It's one of the top 10 myths about Plasma TVs though so don't feel bad.

Before you buy a TV you need to decide what you want to to do with it. If you're a movie watcher then plasma is the way to go because the blacks are true. If you're a gamer DLP is the best way to go because of the over saturated colors.

Good luck

Just reread my message above and thought I kinda came off as an a$$. Didnt mean it like that. My apologies B@DA$$08BUS@. :beerchug:

Yeah and if you don't strap it down it will float away like a balloon to! Lol

Lol wow I don't know where you are getting your facts from but you may want to recheck them!

Most plasma's these days have a 100,000 halflife. That's how long it would take to have half the brightness that it had out of the box. That's that's A LOT of time watching TV. So even if you left the tv on 24/7 it would take 11.41 years to get there. Considering it will probably only be on for a few hours a day that's a very long time and much more likely some other internal component will go out before then.

I really find it hard to believe people still believe in such obvious myths. No offense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Facts came from the salesman and the local SHOPS when we were shopping to buy a new big screen.

Busaman5000 is correct. There is no such thing as plasma refill for plasma TVs. It's one of the top 10 myths about Plasma TVs though so don't feel bad.

Before you buy a TV you need to decide what you want to to do with it. If you're a movie watcher then plasma is the way to go because the blacks are true. If you're a gamer DLP is the best way to go because of the over saturated colors.

Good luck

then someone should tell the salesMEN and women that. unless they had some secret sales quota to get on LCDs that month and were purposely trying to steer potential buyers away from the plasmas. I am not a professional tv guru, leave that up to the people that sell them, I was merely stating what I was told when wifee and I were shopping around for new bigscreens.

Just a quick warning, I have a mate who repairs the LCD and Plasmas and the main problem is with the wall mounting, it doesn't let enough ventilation to flow through so they will heat up quickly and cause problems and may even set the wall on fire so make sure it get plenty of ventilation. My Plasma is mounted on a tv unit 12 inches from the wall near a window and is always cool.

Last edited:
has anyone talked about any heat issues with the plasma tvs? my buddy has one and it puts off a decent amount of heat. not marshmallow roasting hot, but noticeable.

A buddy of mine has one that will warm the room up. It's a ~50" model.

I might be behind, but I'm happy with my 61" DLP Samsung.

then someone should tell the salesMEN and women that. unless they had some secret sales quota to get on LCDs that month and were purposely trying to steer potential buyers away from the plasmas. I am not a professional tv guru, leave that up to the people that sell them, I was merely stating what I was told when wifee and I were shopping around for new bigscreens.

Well, you should never ever listen to a sales person and you should always go to a store knowing what you want and not to do research other than to see what looks best to you after knowing the pros and cons of the different TV types. There's plenty of online independent reviews when it comes to TVs. If you're relying on a sales person to get information from you maybe in trouble. My experience with sales people is limited but they usually fall under a couple categories. One they don't really know anything about the technology behind the TVs so they will point you to a TV that looks best to them and not the best TV for you. Two they are there to point you to a certain brand or type of TV because their profit/commissions are higher. I'm sure there are good sales people out there that will know their products and point you to the best deal for your money but I have yet to find one.

Last edited:
Back