How to get a stock Busa in the 9\'s

THE FIRST MPH IS 135.46 THE SECOND TIME WITH THE HIGHER TEMPERATURE WAS 133.95 I'E DRAG RACED OFF AND ON FOR A LONG TIME AND HAD A 97 YZF1000R WITH A 16 TOOTH K+N SLIP ON AND IT RAN 10.67 AT 130.18 ALL I CAN SAY IS THE HAYABUSA TOWERS IN MPH OVER ANY OTHER STOCK BIKE I'VE SEEN. UP UNTIL THIS POINT THE FASTEST BIKE I'D SEEN (STOCK) WAS A 99 ZX9 RUNNING 10.8 AT 132 MPH. 98R1 RUN 10.6-8 AT 131 CBR1100XX 10.7-8 130-132 THE GUYS ON THE BIKES WERE AVERAGE RIDERS BETWEEN 160LB'S R1 TO 215LB ON THE XX. SO WHEN I RAN MY BIKE WITHOUT ANY PREPERATION WHATSOEVER AND RAN THAT KIND MPH I WAS ELATED!! THIS WAS WRIITEN BECAUSE I KNOW MY 60FT TIMES s--K! EVERYONE OF THOSE OTHER BIKES WERE AVERAGING ABOUT UPPER 1.8'S TO MID 1.9'S

icbm, i could go pretty far on this so here we go....
try to do some of these things if not all of them...
1.sprocket: *two up in rear*
2.change your stock pipes.*4 into 2 into 1* best combo for stock busa.
3.power commander or yosh box.
4.airbox mod.
5.tx-25 rear tire
6.genmar mfg.co handlebar risers
7.mcintosh swingarm *6-8 over*

now that you have the handle bar risers, you should be able to raise your fork tubes up about a inch.
put on 3/4 inch longer dog bones on rear susp.
run the spring nuts on your rear shock down about 4 to 5 threads tighter.
rear shock dampaner on bottom needs 5 clicks stiffer.
lower front fork dampaner by axle need 5 clicks stiffer.
upper spring controls on top of forks need to be turned down 1 line.*both sides*
run your tx-25 at the strip at about 14pds.
if you don't have your clutch basket mod yet then come out of the hole around 4,000rpm.
shift your bike at or just below redline.

these settings are all for a busa with a stock swingarm. and someone with your wieght...
if you do these i think you should be able to shave off a considerable amount of time on your et's.....

[This message has been edited by frank adams (edited 01 September 1999).]

Thanks for the advice Frank. I'll follow your recommendations to the letter and report back my results. Question, doing some of the suspension mods, how easy are they to convert back to street riding. I'll have my mechanic set up the adjustments. How well does the bike handle on normal street riding? I ride to and from the dragstrip on my bike and it would probably be several weeks before I got around to adjusting it back to stock.

Back