Drag Strip Times on Stock BUSA

OB_Booker

Registered
On Friday night I had the opportunity to run my STOCK 2000 Burgundy & Grey Hayabusa at the drag strip (MIR). The results are below.

My worst time (first run) was a 10.74 @ 130mph.

My best run was a 10.46 @ 137mph.

If I averaged all of my runs (5 or 6) they probably would average out to like a 10.55 @ 135mph.

My 60' times stunk (high 1.8's to low 1.9's as well as my reaction times (.6's). This was my first time at the track on the BUSA though and only my second time at the track this year so I was a bit rusty and nervous.
I'll be back though. My goal is to run 10.1's without the front end strapped down or the back end lowered.

I left the lights soft at somewhere between 3,500rpm and 4,500rpm. It only wheelied on me once, but it never spun the tire.

I had a good time even though I was going very slow.

I was running my bike in "Stockholm Cup" this weekend (dragracing cup). We where two Marklund Turbo Hayabusas there and I am sad to say that in Sweden we have to run in class "Super Pro Street Bike". In this class it's usually quite few participants and among them there are the gentlemen with real Pro-Stock Bikes! This Saturday it was only the two of us, the Mc-Xpress Hayabusas, in this class (the 600 class) we got to run "best of three" so we had our share of runs.

He won the first with 10.1 seconds against my 10.29 seconds. The second race we where both so hot that we had som trouble with keeping the front wheel on the ground. I won this time with lousy 10.7 sec.

Before our last run a car blow his automatic gearbox on my lane and the cleaning up was not so very successful so I was spinning
at least 50 meeters before "take off". So my competitor won the race. I have a lot of homework to do before I get the "starting part" perfect.

/Desirée

Back