First time ever on the track!!!

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
And did I have a blast. Slow nite at the track so i got to run about 10 times. It was my first time i had ever been on a drag strip and my first run i did a 13.50, my last run i did 10.77 at 133mph. Im so addicted now its great!!!!!!:lol:

Prepare to open up your wallet. Just sayn......:laugh: I started on a stock busa as you can see in the sig and progressed to this.

026.jpg

I'm getting ready to tear it down and build it for more, cause 307hp just wasn't enough! LOL!!

Last edited:
Mine is not quite stock, i have a pcIII and a full vance and hines exhaust. It was my first time on the track and i also weigh about 280. I am goin to look into getting a 2-step rev limiter, shinko 003, and the brocks clutch mod. I thought a 10.77 was good for the first time out!

Very nice for your first time out... :thumbsup:

Just get more practice and experience before you make changes. There is so much left on the table so don't feel you need to spend money; just practice....practice....practice... :beerchug:

congrats.. i'm in the same boat. went to 1/8mile track last fri night and i think i'm hooked. will def go back next fri. and i'm stock cept pc & tiforce full exhaust. brocks clutch mod, 16 tooth front and speedohealer, and straps for the front are going to be ordered really soon.. i'm already down 1" front, 2" back, and out 6" so that helps a lot. 5 passes and ran a 6.8 1/8 with 1.87 60'. ok for a 1st time out, but i know i can do better next trip out.

I figure once i let my balls drop on the launch i should be hitting low tens, I really think swinging it out a lil and a shinko 003 will help tremendously.

And did I have a blast. Slow nite at the track so i got to run about 10 times. It was my first time i had ever been on a drag strip and my first run i did a 13.50, my last run i did 10.77 at 133mph. Im so addicted now its great!!!!!!:lol:

Thats exactly what i hit when first time on track ,and nearly the same number of runs (i had 12) and i know well how hard a hard launch is .
But even 3 runs will make you addicted :lol::please: i know :laugh:

You dont need to spend much money to get better times.
I only lowered front and rear , 16-41 sprockets ,and a used shinko , clutch mod was still done before. maybe 200 $ for all these mods.
A good shiftlight will help you too ,because there is no more need to look down , but i think GenII has it stock.

A bit seat time and training on lonley roads will be your best investment. I went out with my wife and a stopwatch , only doing launches and the 60ft.
Read about the basics here , put the left foot on the peg and go.
I didnt think i ever could get a 9xx ,but now i know i get it without spending money.............only with seat time

I dropped my time to 10.18 this year on my short GenI and my average is high 10.3

And beleve me ,even my wife is now addicted. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back