First time down the track ever!!!

02badbusa

Registered
My first time down the track on a bike ever WOW !!
I took my stock 02 busa to the track and had a lot of fun, only got to run 2 times but that was all I needed ( its on now ) !!!!

1st run

60' - 1.847
1/8 - 6.899 @ 108.86
1/4 - 10.499 @ 134.67

2nd run

60' - 1.825
1/8 - 6.828 @ 109.99
1/4 - 10.422 @ 134.38

Is this good for the first time on average?
I need to work on my 60'.

<!--EDIT|02badbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132353232 -->

Is the 228 without leathers, boots, helmet? If so then if your bike is 100% show room stock then you are off about 2mph or so everywhere.

not bad 4 1st time out 02busas rule the strip+street:) did you put a clutchslave support on it? if not i would.I put that and a motorhead billet sprocket cov that i had chromed it comes with little extra prot around the front cog erea in case you ever snake a chain wont tear up stuff.

AOL.com Images Not Available

idea.gif

muscle.gif

sp001.gif
whad up gnd how goes it over motorheads house??

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132424262 -->

Come on guys don't worry about 2 or 3 mph at this stage. I think he did good for first time and deserves a pat on the back. Keep it up and have some fun.

I think you did very well for your first trip to the track.
wink.gif

Keep up the practice, you def have plenty of room for improvement. Gnd111 is in the area so I would get with him and see what you can do to improve in your area. However in Ohio you are about 5-6mph low and about 2 or 3 tenths off for your weight if your looking for what the bike could go with you on it.

Otherwise.....YOU DID VERY WELL FOR A FIRST TIMER!!
tounge.gif

I'll tell ya he did a LOT better than me! Gimme time to grow a set and WATCH OUT! We hung around a bunch or other bikes and he was in the top 5 for the night. I was proud of him but that won't stop me from beating him in the near future!
wink.gif
I wonder how many other board members ran low 10's on their FIRST pass at a drag strip EVER? I was impressed. The boys here at the .ORG may be stingy with the kudos but not me. I think ya did a helluva job!! Just remember to keep looking over your shoulder 'cause i'm gonna be goin by ya REAL SOON! See ya at the track ...

ps .. good job keeping us outta jail last night!

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132522047 -->

and for those that are gonna ask ... NO I'm NOT posting my time slips ... My uhh Dog ate them yeah , that's it
laugh.gif

He's doing very well for his first time out - no dount about that...

Strap the front for better 60' times. You won't need the case saver with stock power but i would advise getting a stronger chain if you plan on drag racing a few times a month..

I sucked my first time out but every run I make is a little faster than the one before. For me it is all about my 60'. Thats where I suck the most. I don't care what other people's times are anyway, it is fun as %#$& isn't it.

Good job.

I sucked my first time out but every run I make is a little faster than the one before.  For me it is all about my 60'.  Thats where I suck the most.  I don't care what other people's times are anyway, it is fun as %#$& isn't it.  

Good job.
i dont ether im a bracket racer most important thing is my reaction time, Im there 2 win race not make a few passes

I am going to Lake City for a Dyno tune on Sat and will be in Bradenton on Sun. I have an 02 All Black Busa. See you all there...

That's a brilliant first effort. I've been 4 times on my 99 Busa and still haven't managed under 11.1.

Best 60' so far is 1.9

Elevation also plays a role as well as track conditions. For those of us not at sea level we lose ET and Trap Speeds, and there are two tracks near here with close to the same elevation but on one you can expect 3/10ths faster times as well as better trap speeds than at the other. I can't wait to have someone actually SHOW ME a video of their bone stock busa going 8s in the quarter though (but I don't think that kind of proof will ever be had).

my first pass ever on the bikewas awesome. i made 3 passes that night.

10.63 at 136.37

10.29 at 137.67

10.15 at 138.47

Back