Question for all you Busa drag racers

OB_Hayabusero

Registered
I've never drag race before. I will do it for the first time this Sunday when they hold a "Test and Tune" event at a drag strip near by.

I am a very experienced rider, but I will take any tips from all you who have experience at the drag strip. I own a stock Hayabusa and I want to see if anyone here can tell me what the tricks are for drag racing.

It's not a big deal, I just want to go somewhere and test my busa.

This is all I will tell you
My first time down the strip on My Busa was at 1000miles and I rode it 70 miles to the track still with stock air pressure I did no burn out and I launched at Idle just like everyday riding twisted the throttle and shifted at 8,000 rpms just to get a feel for the bike. I thought I ran an 11.00 but to my surprise it was a 10.49 at 135 mph in the 1/4 .
My advise start easy like I did till you get use the power on the track much different than on the street.
My 2 Cents.

Some of your best 60' times can be gotten by leaving at a low rpm. Like JC said leave like you looked up and all of the sudden you noticed the light had turned green.

There are some great threads here with drag racing tips. Do a search on it. There was one excellant thred that was so good I had to print it.

Back