Trying to get to the 9's

Slowboy

Registered
Ok I need a little help! Trying to get a GenII into the 9's.. Last time at the track ran best time of 10.3.. Bike is stock!! Lowered in front and back, stock exhaust with yosh cansters,and stock gearing. Just purchase a PCIII and air filter. What else can I do to get there?? Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah I for got he weights 170 and bout to go down 1 in the front
Posted via Mobile Device

How is your clutch release and 60' times? Are you to the point where you can just throw the clutch out off the line or are you still releasing as fast as you can?

He's just easing out of it. Trying to keep the front end down. I will have to ask bout the 60'
Posted via Mobile Device

Heck, if he's only 170lbs. just have him bog it out of the hole around 4k RPM and shift at 11,500 on the tach. He should be all over 9's with it lowered... :thumbsup:

60' should be 1.7 - 1.8 and with good MPH he's there on a Gen-II pretty easy... :beerchug:

He does not need to buy anything else untill he can run 9's they way it is. he needs seat time. My 08 was bone stock right down to the cans, only thing I had done was lower and strap and I weighed 218 unsuited and went 9.89 9's are there he just needs practice.

Got a friend on a stock GEN I with a pipe weighs ~220-230 went 9.8 on his so far. He is still getting the set up worked out. (what tire pressure, what launch RPM, ...). The best so far was with 12 psi in his soft Shinko

Your friend is like me....starts out of the gate slowly due to fear of flipping, but wants to break in to the nines. I have a bike that I am going to use for racing only...so maybe I will get a little more agressive out of the gate with it? We'll see.

Last edited:
For me im almost in the 9's 10.09@138.5 Im 380 pounds geared up. The mods are TiForce full system, Gearing 16/47, lowered 1 inch front and rear, 18 psi on a Shinko tire,
Brocks clutch mod, front strap and extended 8" over. Im launching at 8000 rpms,I also preload the clutch and as the lights come down I dump the clutch and the ease into the throttle. Ive had 20 runs so far with this setup and havnt popped the front up yet.
The 60' times on a good run are 1.67/ 1.69. Last year I was only 4" over and running the same gearing but leaving at 7000 rpms and it would pop up sometimes. This year withe 8" over it seams to be working alot better and not popping the front up at all. Hope this helps and good luck.

1.9949- 60'
4.8019- 330'
6.9881- 1/8 at 112.56 1/8 mph
10.4865- 1/4 at 139.58

Well got pcIII today!! order front sporket a strap today!! any thing else we need to do?? beside seat time!!! track he's running at can make maybe 20 passes a night when they have fun drag!! so seat time he will get!!:thumbsup:

that 60ft is killing him, if he can run a 1.7 or 1.8 60 ft he will be there, how far out is he keeping his feet down and back???? <<<before they are up on the pegs???

Not long at all from what i could see when i was watching... i got a video i will try to post later of one of those runs

It looks like he is letting of the gas before the end as well. MPH should be closer to 145-150

1.9949- 60'
4.8019- 330'
6.9881- 1/8 at 112.56 1/8 mph
10.4865- 1/4 at 139.58

Has he overheated the clutch? He isn't getting full throttle by the 60' mark either. Is he shifting without the clutch hand?

If he is on/off the gas in the launch it's killing him. Just have him bog it out around 4k to keep the front down (don't pop the clutch) and ride out wide open throttle making the shifts at 11,500 on the tach...

Back