How often do you reach your breaking point?

But no God I can think of would put people through this type stuff.

I am closer to God in my trials than I am when things are going my way... He allows things to happen to us for many reasons, sometimes to bring us closer to Him, sometimes to bring us to Him for the first time... For Christian believers trials are seen as God preparing us for what he has planned for us to go do. This life we live on the earth is just a vapor in time and compared to eternity anything we suffer through here is nothing in contrast to the rest of time...

There are no words to express such a loss especially with one so young and an entire life ahead of them.........

I've lost subordinates to suicide, in two cases I was the last person to speak to them and with all the suicide prevention training I had, I didn't pick up on any issues.....it made me really question this sort of training....

Although these suicides were not on the same level as your loss and I would never minimize your grief, I can sort of identify with the guilt you possess...
I bought him that gun. A crappy little. 22 rifle designed and marketed for kids, "my first rifle".

In happier times he loved that thing. In the end I had to get a court order to have it destroyed so it wouldn't be sold at auction by the sheriff.

I hate the manufacturer for making it. I hate my ex for not locking it up. I hate myself

IMG_20170211_161447_508.jpg
for buying it.

I still keep guns, I still carry one. I'll never fire another one except in defense of myself or others.

I bought him that gun. A crappy little. 22 rifle designed and marketed for kids, "my first rifle".

In happier times he loved that thing. In the end I had to get a court order to have it destroyed so it wouldn't be sold at auction by the sheriff.

I hate the manufacturer for making it. I hate my ex for not locking it up. I hate myself

View attachment 1669400 for buying it.

I still keep guns, I still carry one. I'll never fire another one except in defense of myself or others.
That's a real tough thing to deal with for certain...and it's hard not to blame yourself for something like this to happen....

There are a lot of "ifs" in a situation like this...

In the end, it's a really sad thing to have happened.

I've almost shared this here several times but always decided not to. This seemed like the right time and place.
This is exactly why I posted the thread sir, if I have really no problems and I am frustrated with the craziness of how things are going then how are the men that have real problems making it through these crazy times... Thank you for sharing, no telling how many other people your story and situation just spoke to today.

This is exactly why I posted the thread sir, if I have really no problems and I am frustrated with the craziness of how things are going then how are the men that have real problems making it through these crazy times... Thank you for sharing, no telling how many other people your story and situation just spoke to today.
If nothing else I hope that someone, even just one person, who has kids, will lock their weapons up more securely.

There are days when this big yellow bike is the thing that keeps me going. TJ would have loved this thing, I wish he could have seen it.

I am closer to God in my trials than I am when things are going my way... He allows things to happen to us for many reasons, sometimes to bring us closer to Him, sometimes to bring us to Him for the first time... For Christian believers trials are seen as God preparing us for what he has planned for us to go do. This life we live on the earth is just a vapor in time and compared to eternity anything we suffer through here is nothing in contrast to the rest of time...
Talking to friends and family about God, I’ve learned that people have a misconception and seem to think that the word says follow jesus and your life will be all rainbows and butterflies. A lot of them just stare at me when I ask what verse of the Bible says that.

View attachment 1669400 for buying it.

Like Cap said, nothing I can really say to make it better, but I’ll also keep you in my prayers.

Hi. Sorry to hear it. I lost my oldest daughter she was killed by her boyfriend. I have had 3 girlfriends die and I lost my EX wife. I never remarried. Been told that I would never walk again twice. Took more lives than I will ever know. But working for meals on wheels I have saved 3. I do not think I have ever been to the end but close a time or 2.

Back