How much tread do I have left on my tire...

Hi .

What was the least mileage

You have gotten from a rear tire
on a bike used only on the street ?

:poke:

60CAB78D-5F5E-4267-8EBF-09E32E0EAC1F.jpeg

#90milesMAX ~ #HowMuchTreadDoYouHaveLeft ~ #THEoRg *

shinko Smokebombs | Tires

Last edited:
So long as you are just riding locally you can keep tabs on it and not have far to get back home if needed. I’d only be concerned if you were planning to leave out on an extended trip. But it’s hard to gauge from your pic and certain tires wear really fast when they get to that point while others seem to last quite awhile. It appears that they should hang in there a bit longer. I’d replace once you see wear in the middle like this tire below or just shy of that (belt wasn’t showing around whole tire at this point only that spot) but when you get close you will see an obvious wear mark

View attachment 1606526
DANG DUDE!!! Yes, I have seen pics of bikes with tires down to the cords in one spot but let me tell you---if you just wear through the composition until you start to see a frayed edge around the hard inner carcass, that is already only about an eighth of an inch thick. I haven't gone past that point. That's already pushing it. Yeah, should be okay as long as you don't run over a sharp object but ----risky. Hate to have a tire deflate instantly at speed.

Personally, I would replace that tire right away or don't ride. If it is suggested to change a tire with a tiny nail in it, even patching it is not advised, I surely would not ride that bike with belt showing. Just my .02 cents. Been riding for 53 years and a couple hundred bucks is not worth giving up my hide LOL. It also will wear at an extremely fast rate right there where belt is showing, could get significantly worse even after one ride. We all love our Busa brethren:D, and don't want nothing to happen to you.

Hi. Just an open question to anybody. It was for me on my GPZ 1100 250 miles.
Remember the old Michelin Hi Sports , my mate would get 2-3 fast rides at most in the hills on his 9 second street bike , a GSXR1100 1990 L back in the early 90's . The tires , always worn out severely to the very edges , still passable in the center . He only ever rode it in the hills , other than Friday night street drags , so would have to replace them often . The crazy bastard would always put on a show of skill that was hard to match and still is the best rider I have ever ridden with , and he still rides Busa today .

Back