Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 160.00 - 180.00 per month

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 180.00 - 200.00 per month

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • over 200.00 per month

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Almost $1100 a yr, full coverage, $500 deductable. 32 yrs old, class A CDL, married, no tickets in over 5 yrs! WTF!!! It's Gieco, and the sorry so and so's quoted it to me on our policy for $35 a month, then when I got it, it jumped up! I've tried DairyLand, Farmer's, Allstate, Statefarm, ect. and on and on.
No one will insure me cheaper!!! I don't get it! Insurance companies are rapist's and always blame insurance fraud for high prices!
Sounds like they're really all run by the federal government.

Same with me. Did drop $80 a month after my first year. Geico was the cheapest I could find. Everyone else wanted like 5 grand or more.

I know we all have diferent situations, age, tickets, # of vehicles, etc. There is a huge difference though in what is sounds like people are paying. I have no tickets, been riding for 20 yrs., single, 4.0 gpa graduate student, full coverage 500 deductable for 102.00 per/month. I dont get it. I've shopped arround and coudn't find any better.
???

Before I sold the busa I was paying $47/month for full coverage 500 deductible through State farm. I was 27 at the time. Now I am 29.

In NYC, for liability, fire & theft (NOT FULL COVERAGE), its about 1800.00 a year . For Full Coverage in NYC for an 08/09 Gen 2 Hayabusa you are looking at about 5000.00-6000.00 dollars a year. Thats what progressive and geico told me. I really need to move.

I know we all have diferent situations, age, tickets, # of vehicles, etc. There is a huge difference though in what is sounds like people are paying. I have no tickets, been riding for 20 yrs., single, 4.0 gpa graduate student, full coverage 500 deductable for 102.00 per/month. I dont get it. I've shopped arround and coudn't find any better.
???

Call Bill Kolb in Pryor. He is with State Farm. He was cheaper to go with him than with the local agent here in Claremore. I am 28, single, and a clean record for the past 4 years. I am paying $175/month for the bike and my 08 Chevy crew cab. The bike costs about $35 give or take a couple of bucks.

I pay $191.00 a month for full coverage on my 2008 Kawasaki VN900, 2009 Gen 2 Busa, 2003 F150, and my 2004 5th wheel RV. That's a good price for all four vehicles. Zero deductable comp / 250 collision. (State Farm):thumbsup:

I paid 729 dollars for my Sig 229 in 40 caliber if that whats your asking....:laugh:

Florida sucks..even modest coverage costs as much as the bike.

Call Bill Kolb in Pryor. He is with State Farm. He was cheaper to go with him than with the local agent here in Claremore. I am 28, single, and a clean record for the past 4 years. I am paying $175/month for the bike and my 08 Chevy crew cab. The bike costs about $35 give or take a couple of bucks.

Thanks I'll give him a try.

SF runs me $24/month for 100 comp/100 collision deductibles. We have all vehicles and our homeowners through them which helps with discounts! :thumbsup:

Those of you complaining about the discrepancy in rates for similar age/marital/deductibles/other vehicles insured - keep in mind you're missing 2 critical factors used by insurance companies. Location is one, some members here live in BFE and get a huge discount because there's a much lower rate of collisions and theft (can't hit other vehicles that aren't there) :laugh: Large metro areas may expose you to 1000's of potential collisions in a single day just driving to work. Myself, maybe 50-100 depending on the day of the week for my drive to work but nothing like say Chicago which would be exponentially higher due to the dense population.
2nd factor is your credit rating. It's not your FICO score you're use to seeing from Myfico.com or other actual FICO (not FAKO) scores, the insurance company has their own FICO score that has a slightly different formula to compile the score. You could be 40 yrs old, married, never a ticket and own a 10 yr old bike but if your credit rating is in the toilet you could easily pay 3-4 times more than someone 15 yrs younger, single and with a much newer bike. Just keep in mind there's more than age, marital status and deductible that go into determining what rates we all pay. Easiest way to lower your premium, improve your credit score - it makes a dramatic impact on how much you pay compared to someone with otherwise identical circumstances.

Not justifying the ins companies premiums, I hate them as much as anyone else but responsible riders have insurance to protect the welfare of others they may hurt in a crash. Smart ones have full coverage so their own property is protected as well in the event of a crash or theft (or act of mother nature). It is what it is, the only thing we can do to help ourselves is play their game and pay the required premiums to cover ourselves as well as others.

Back