How much force Can you use.

Well aware of that its a figure of speech around here, shoot em in the house and they tell ya have a good night, shoot em in your driveway and your heading for jail

It's been said quite often but it's incorrect. There are plenty of situations where a justifiable homicide could happen in a person's driveway and not result in so much as charges being filed. Every situation is different but location is rarely the determining factor.

Not neccesarily . There was an individual who lived near five points in denver not too long ago . A group of teens were attempting to break into his house . He shot and killed one on his front porch and no charges were filed .

Case in point.

In Indiana just let them get all the way in the house and drop them in there tracks.Case closed.

As mentioned, every state is different. Know your laws, for sure but again, a justifiable, self defense shooting is not going to result in jail time.

--Wag--

1337353752_i_dont_always_use_the_force_14188_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Wag this sort of thing goes on in all sorts of crime in England. The victim suddenly turns into the criminal.
Read up on Tony Martin the farmer, it's to long to go in to here.

Another Hint ??? , around where I live, DON'T get caught doing midnight Cattle Roundups. Or refer to the Backhoe statement :laugh:

I had a similar situation happen to me and my wife years ago. My Step Daughters EX was banging through the front door of my house. I had 911 on the phone with a loaded 12Guage pointed at the door telling him that if he gets through the door I am going to shoot. The 911 Operator advised me not to shoot unless he gets through the door. Luckily (For Him) the cops got there and Tazered his arse and off to Jail he went...........Wait till they get in the house then Shoot to Kill. There is not a Jury in the US that will convict a Family man for protecting his family :rulez:

There is not a Jury in the US that will convict a Family man for protecting his family :rulez:

Hope you don't believe that in New Jersy or OUR Nations Capital (Of course unless your the Pres., a Congressman or a High Level Government Employee :laugh:

Better known as the; "YOU LOSE, WE WIN" Theory of Higher Intelligence Level Government Employees Benefits :whistle:

Never think that Government Officials think your on the same level as they, or that Rules :rulez: that apply to you, also apply to THEM :banghead:

Not only are the laws different from state to state, but prosecution and convictions often have social and economic factors involved.

im Wyoming it's the 3 Ses. Shoot, Shovel, and Shutup! :banghead: oh wait that's the wolves. :rofl:

i can defend my home and property with deadly force. im in Wyoming!:firing:

Wag this sort of thing goes on in all sorts of crime in England. The victim suddenly turns into the criminal.
Read up on Tony Martin the farmer, it's to long to go in to here.

When I was writing my prior post, his story kept going through my mind and I couldn't think of his name.

I really feel for the citizens of the U.K. and how bad it's getting. Criminals run the rank and file and the elites really don't give a crap.

It's one thing that causes some concern here in the U.S. We watch what happened in Australia and other places around the world as the citizens are disarmed or even, horror of horrors, disarm themselves voluntarily and our hearts really bleed for you and for them.

Americans really don't fully appreciate the value of their 2nd Amendment rights. Or their 1st amendment rights, for that matter.

--Wag--

Not preaching here,, some folks MIGHT, want to check their FACTS(LAWS), Before pulling the trigger, You cannot shoot to kill a home invader, (Michigan; UNLESS YOU ARE IN FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE), Not that I don`t agree because I do believe in the right to defends one home and life, However you can`t justify killing someone because they are stealing your TV, (No threat to your life). I grew up at a Police station (Mom was a cop), it`s not that LEO`S agree-disagree, it`s the DA that takes the information at hand, with the officers report, as well as the political standing of the moment, As to press charges or not to. Just my two cents.

I can give a damn about the law, if someone walks into my house with ill intent...its over for one of us and I have the home field advantage.

Since I moved from MS to CA, the laws changed but I did not.

Not preaching here,, some folks MIGHT, want to check their FACTS(LAWS), Before pulling the trigger, You cannot shoot to kill a home invader, (Michigan; UNLESS YOU ARE IN FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE), Not that I don`t agree because I do believe in the right to defends one home and life, However you can`t justify killing someone because they are stealing your TV, (No threat to your life). I grew up at a Police station (Mom was a cop), it`s not that LEO`S agree-disagree, it`s the DA that takes the information at hand, with the officers report, as well as the political standing of the moment, As to press charges or not to. Just my two cents.

Bear in mind, each state is different, however, NO state says it's legal to KILL an intruder. You can, however use lethal force to STOP any intruder and the rules for doing so also vary from state to state.

You are allowed to STOP an intrusion using lethal force and if the bad guy happens to die in the process, then it becomes a situation where you are questioned about whether or not the homicide was justified. Here again, each each situation will be judged on its own merits within the laws of the state where it occurs.

It is mandatory that if you are willing to pull the trigger on an intruder that you know as much as you can about the laws in your state and about the cases which have been tried in your state. A half-hour session with an attorney could be useful, too.

Our state does not have a castle law which means it's very likely that if you shoot an intruder, you will face trial. Possibly two trials. It's anyone's guess as to how much it will cost you and your family in pain and suffering and distress to say nothing of the money it will take to defend yourself in that scenario. The only saving grace we have here is that the state is relatively open to the idea that a man is allowed to defend himself but that doesn't change the fact that you will pay through the nose to prove it, yet again.

Last but not least, if you truly intend to KILL an intruder, you're walking on very thin moral ice. Defend your family, yes. Stop an intruder using lethal force if necessary, absolutely. If the intruder happens to die while he's assaulting you and yours in your home and you defend yourself with lethal force, then sleep well at night, knowing that your intentions were just and your conscience can be clear. But never believe for a second that it's okay to attempt to kill any person for any reason.

Seriously.

--Wag--

Last but not least, if you truly intend to KILL an intruder, you're walking on very thin moral ice. Defend your family, yes. Stop an intruder using lethal force if necessary, absolutely. If the intruder happens to die while he's assaulting you and yours in your home and you defend yourself with lethal force, then sleep well at night, knowing that your intentions were just and your conscience can be clear. But never believe for a second that it's okay to attempt to kill any person for any reason.

Seriously.

--Wag--

I've been staying out of this one, but i do agree 100% with this, i have no intention of killing an intruder, lets face it i dont want to make a mess of the walls(i kid i kid) But at the end of the day i'd much rather have them feeling the cold barrel of my 12ga on the back of they're neck as the cops put the cuffs on em.
A criminal killed has no chance to pay for what they've done wrong, sitting in prison may possibly correct they're life and your the guy that showed the restraint to not get trigger happy which will in turn be a headache with courts, media etc.

It makes me curious when i hear about home invasions how many people just cant keep they're head and squeeze. You can send the biggest baddest criminal into my house and i will be fine, i know what i have, where i have it and a plan for if it does happen. Home court advantage hopefully will play through an intruders head, they dont want to get caught or killed, there are cases where they come with the intention of doing harm but i feel pretty confident when i come around the corner hit him with the streamlight and laser followed by the shotgun rack, he's not gonna head in that direction:whistle:

I can give a damn about the law, if someone walks into my house with ill intent...its over for one of us and I have the home field advantage.

Since I moved from MS to CA, the laws changed but I did not.

Talk is very big. I wish, I will, I don`t care, screw the Law, etc.

Bro if you have not been there, please don`t ask to go there. The legal system is a mess. A horror to contend with. The new we know better than you crowd runs the court system.

Ever been in/on a trial? Shut up, strike that from the records, inadmissable, remove the jury from the court room. It is scary. I have come to the conclusion that the courts are about three things.

1. Money.
Money for the attorneys. They all know one another, bowl, golf, lunch, dine, and party together. They are crooks.

2.Lies.
Most of the time the attorney that tells the most convincing lies or bends the truth the best wins.

3. Power.
Power that the judge has. It gives judges a God like complex. Their word is the end all of all end all`s.

Going through my divorce convinced me that the court system is crooked. I was lied on, and my attorney found out that the judge was married to my ex wifes BOSS. The judge was furious when my attorney asked her for another judge.

Oh, this lowdown dirt sniffing scumbucket crawling on her belly tramp took my son from me and gave custody to the ex. I loved the look on this heffas face when we left her court room. I looked at her and smiled. She spun around and left the bench, she was pissed.

:fireskull: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch:

Why we were in court had no bearing on the divorce.

We got the castle doctrine in Washington, so if somebody wants to come into my house they had better have their running shoes on because they will probably have some 00buck chasing their butt off my property. I really don't want to make a mess in my house though. I know my wife wouldn't want to clean that up:laugh:
Plus I had my fill of those shennanigans in the desert.

It all depends on what state one lives in. In one state you have the right to defend your property. In California, you are expected to run. Then call 911. Different state, different county, different city.

Be judged by 6 than carried by 6.

In arizona if ur gonna shoot someone in self defense, better do a double tap to be on the safe side, cause if they live the family can sue you or something along that effect

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

In arizona if ur gonna shoot someone in self defense, better do a double tap to be on the safe side, cause if they live the family can sue you or something along that effect

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Um, bear in mind that if they DIE, the family can sue you and in that scenario, if they win, they will get much more from you.

Just sayin.'

--Wag--

In GA we have the "stand your ground" law which states that there is no duty to retreat, regardless of where attack takes place. So, I will not hesitate to draw down on some one on my property or in my house that I did not give permission to. I have a few guns stored around the house for easy access and my wife is a better shot than I am.

I would not shoot to kill unless I saw the need, but I would shoot to disable or incapacitate the intruder until LE could arrive. I would not think twice about defending my home and property from some one that was there to do harm against either. Now, if I draw down on some one and they surrender and want to stand there while the LE come, so be it. If they decide to run or attack, then I would be faced with a choice it is hard to say what would happen, but know that I can shoot, and would shoot if I felt the need in that split second decision.

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Back