Questionable Shooting

if you run outside with a shotgun every time you hear a noise your a nut too:poke:

but you've stated a personal item isn't worth killing over. why the gun? you wouldn't use it to kill someone if they were stealing. but when they come back they'll have a gun and be waiting for you this time.

going outside with a gun to an unkown situation isnt defense its offense. staying in your house with a gun is defense.

Can you draw that up with some X's and O's? :laugh:

Can you draw that up with some X's and O's? :laugh:

sunnysadbee.jpg

Vonderbach please pay attn to our own state laws regarding the use of deadly force. Below is text from one question contained in brochure issued with CWP.

Q. When can I use my handgun to protect myself?

A. Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are:

Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;
Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.

Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, manslaughter, or worse.

I would think shooter fell into latter category as he was preventing GTA which is a forcible felony.

Here is link to basic info regarding deadly force rules in FL.
Lawful Self-Defense - Weapons - Division of Licensing, FDACS
FL statute 790 regarding uses of deadly force is many pages long.
The shooter stated in the article his truck had been stolen two times already.
I don't know any deputy that would arrest him for stopping the third.
While it would have to have been a bad day for me to run out of the house with a shotgun and confront them you would be within your rights shooting someone dead over GTA. Grand theft auto in any state is a forcible felony.
I have too much to risk,leave and lose to risk a gunfight in the driveway .

Mattstang as for your quote below:
so your gimmick is to run people away with your shotgun and if they get lippy afterr you pull a gun on them then go from there?

Your statement doesn't make sense.
You say 'run people away with your shotgun'
Then say 'if they get lippy you pull a gun'

You missed orig posters intent.
You can't run people away with a gun AND then pull it out if they get lippy ?
When he comes out of the house his Mossberg is already out and in hand.
Leveled at someone they had better not get lippy or else!

Am I the only one with night vision and a suppressor.....???
What was he doing outside in the first place.....
All he needed was a few FFFFFFFFFTTTTTTssss from afar and nobody would be the wiser.

He could have answered the door for the police startled after others discovered the corpses !
'Dead bodies in my driveway OMG how terrible' :rofl:

Last edited:
{cheers and waves}
Advanced Armament
federal tax stamp and all Baby... whoot... !!!
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Although I may have to admit being a nut... if I hear a noise and feel it warrants a visit outside I DO go armed...but that's just me since I go armed everywhere...{shrugs}

Last edited:
Mattstang as for your quote below:
so your gimmick is to run people away with your shotgun and if they get lippy afterr you pull a gun on them then go from there?

Nah, he said if they get lippy AFTER you pull a gun, meaning I assume shoot then. But anyway......

ps....Vonderbach they are MY oranges. You know as a Floridian how proud we are of our fruit trees. Heck people defended their orange trees with shotguns when citrus cancer came and the state wanted to cut all the private trees down. State left the orchards alone though.
Guess we can't take care of two trees as good as they can take care of a 1000 ?

Anyway you would have to be in my yard to take an orange it has taken me 20 yrs to grow so you know what......
.........brain matter looks really cool exiting the skull when observed thru night vision.

Best thing is with a suppresor you can even hear the 'whack' on his poor skull from out to about fifty yards..:laugh:

Blanca... remind me to tell you of a truly interesting recount of a head shot... one that will make a thinking man take pause
Val

so your gimmick is to run people away with your shotgun and if they get lippy after you pull a gun on them then go from there?

hope you dont have to defend those actions in court.

you misread. thanks for trying though. lots of people own tacticool equip just dont feel the need to post to the world what and how much they have.

my statement was meant as in you pull a gun on somebody and expect them not to be aggresive. guess what pull a gun on me and aggresion will ensue. even if i have to come back, thats the way the world works. your actions have more impact than one moment in time.

this isnt gran torino. its not cool and your not clint eastwood. irresponsibility from people running around in the dark with guns pointing them at everyone is what give gunowners a bad name. ive ran several people off and fought a few on my property. a gun was not needed to intimidate. although i had one i never felt my life was in danger.

nothing worse than kittys with guns, please for the sake of all gun owners leave your jungle combat skill on xbox360.

Last edited:
Mattstang understood about your clarification . Reading quotes inside quotes from an iPhone can get tricky.
My comments regarding use of 'gear' are comically real .
While I would never use things like that to take out a car thief
I do think folks should be able to own whatever they want.
I also don't understand how we as a country have come to the point where you need to be afraid or embarrassed to say you own guns and or use them.

Teddy Roosevelt had a shooting range on the white house front lawn and regularly held Schutzenfests there inviting leaders from all over to come and enjoy . What have we come to.....now our leader talks about a basketball court !

Married with two kids I ain't going outside to confront anyone cuz I don't need to die needlessly in a gunfight in my driveway over property. I simply would push the red alarm button on their arse and scare the bewillys out of them hopefully .
Come in the house and your SWISS CHEESE !

Lastly Call of Duty on PS3 rocks and I play regularly.......they call me Deadeye !

While I do own 'gear' my exp with them has been strictly in an instructive fashion.
A friend of mine took me out many yrs ago hog hunting with night vision and suppressors and the only thing that stuck with me was the 'whack' I heard when he shot that pig .

As an instructor I had the misfortune to have been the rangemaster who rented and put a handgun into the hands of two separate folks who proceeded to commit suicide before my eyes not five min later on range.
Both seemed fine and of sound mind and body. They choose a weapon and I showed them how to use it. Told them if they need anything to turn around or push red button next to them . I leave range , come back to obs room only to see both do same thing six months apart. They simply and casually put the gun to their head and shot themselves as close to me as you are to your screen. One under the chin and the other to the temple which proceeded to place his skullcap on the back of the range wall.
That is when I got out. The police told me hey the next one maybe won't have the guts to shoot themselves and may come off range and point the gun at you.
I would then be forced to shoot a mentally unstable suicidal person in defense.
No thanks
Also just seeing the absolutely stupid things people do with guns and having to go correct them made me want out.....

you misread. thanks for trying though. lots of people own tacticool equip just dont feel the need to post to the world what and how much they have.

my statement was meant as in you pull a gun on somebody and expect them not to be aggresive. guess what pull a gun on me and aggresion will ensue. even if i have to come back, thats the way the world works. your actions have more impact than one moment in time.

this isnt gran torino. its not cool and your not clint eastwood. irresponsibility from people running around in the dark with guns pointing them at everyone is what give gunowners a bad name. ive ran several people off and fought a few on my property. a gun was not needed to intimidate. although i had one i never felt my life was in danger.

nothing worse than kittys with guns, please for the sake of all gun owners leave your jungle combat skill on xbox360.

You articulate the complexities and responsibilities of gun ownership in an organized society very well.....especially in the face of pearl handled movie goers comments. Loosing friends in battle, either in the jungle or on city streets, forces one to approach this subject with great sobriety. Raydog

You articulate the complexities and responsibilities of gun ownership in an organized society very well.....especially in the face of pearl handled movie goers comments. Loosing friends in battle, either in the jungle or on city streets, forces one to approach this subject with great sobriety. Raydog

I like pearl grips :laugh:

Blanca,

The term "forcible felony" means that it the action is done by force (i.e. weapon or intent to harm.)

I'm also inrigued by the person that said it was silly of me to run out to protect my property, yet in Texas it's no so silly. Laws do not determine the validity of action, only the legality.

Blanca,

The term "forcible felony" means that it the action is done by force (i.e. weapon or intent to harm.)

I'm also inrigued by the person that said it was silly of me to run out to protect my property, yet in Texas it's no so silly. Laws do not determine the validity of action, only the legality.

yea i guess its silly to follow and know your state laws. guess your family wont miss you if you go to prison, your arguing an asinine point.

its stupid to run around with a gun pointing it at everyting without know the situation. its stupid to say i handle problems by going outside with a gun. its stupid to say property is not worht defending. if i see a guy breaking in my truck im not going out. im calling the cops, for 2 reasons, i dont want to kill anyone, do you understand that? 2 me calling the cops is letting them handle it, i dont have to risk my life, my family or my freedom, i have ins for a reason.

if someone else chooses to kill someone over stealing their property and its legal, who are you to pass judgement? are you smarter than the legal system? if youve got it all figured out why dont you run for a public office and change legislature for the better.

i guess your moral compass has more weight than legal precedent. tell it to the judge that sentences you, i could care less.

I have had my fav car in my life stolen 3 days after I moved to FL 25 yrs ago.
It was an 88 Trans Am. Beautiful all white with red interior. I special ordered it
as a GTA with auto delete so it came with five speed. It was the only 5 speed 350 I ever saw.
You could not order a 5 speed in a GTA but if you clicked automatic trans delete on the order sheet the line defaulted and put a manual in the car.....awesome insider knowledge.
I also ordered it with no power windows or locks to save that little weight cuz I was 18 and Michael Knight.
Any way 3 days after gettin here I wake up at 2 am with the wierdest feeling in me.
Check my brother, check the driveway. Hmm go back inside...wait a min WTF wheres my car !!!!! She was gone.
The West Palm PD found it less than 3 hrs later with no wheels, NO ENGINE, no rear deck,
no hood, no seats.....and a bunch else....LESS THAN 3 HRS. Down a dead end less than 5miles from my house. Ins screwed me. Did not total it. I was young and got FFFd !
4 mos later I get her back. Put it in the driveway . This time I hook up a sensor that you use to turn on a light instead I hooked it up to a buzzer so anytime somebody came on the drive it went bzzzzzzzz.
Durn thing bzzzd all the time from all the cats...:banghead:....but just like fishin I caught em.
BZZZZZZ about 3 am. I look out. Holy Frick. This time they are trying to stealing my neighbors tool box out of his truck bed.
Rambo thoughts process I grab my 1911 go outside......HEY GD FAAAAAREEEEEZE ! (Still young 19). Guy at truck jumps in the car. Car mashes gas an comes flying at me. Finger on the trigger, ready in that last millisecond I saw it was just 3 kids younger than me they looked. I had to jump hollywood style out of the way to keep from gettin killed. I got the plate and they got popped cuz they were out in mommas car without permission.

Just couldnt do it.
But the look in the kids face in the pass seat I am sure he still talks about.
He was scared chitless...

I dont think I wanna live with another shooting in my head certainly not over property.
Heck I even got carjacked by a guy at a light whom I assumed was one with a sign beggin for $.
I had just left the range not one min before. Still had my pistol on my side under the shirt.
Pass by the guy trying not to make eye contact cuz if you do then they come over.
Next thing I know and feel is gun at my head and 'Outta the car MoFo'.
Hey who am I to argue with a guy who has a gun to my head no matter what I had.
Took the car....screachin tires...
I'm standing in the middle of a 6 lane intersection
I see at least 10 people in cars and out on cellphones.
Not 2 min later like 20 cops were there.
Yes here in SoFla you see one everywhere all the time..
Thats why you always see my county on cops......Palm Beach county.
Full of cops . Full of dummies.
They found the car same TA less than 2 miles down the street in a Babies R Us parking lot door open engine running.
Bad luck with the TA so I sold it before she killed me.....

ps......Vonderbach 'forcible felony' is also considered to be if the perp has to use 'force' to commit that felony no matter the crime.
And by breaking into the car by any means he did commit a forcible felony.
But anyway it doesnt matter cuz Grand theft Auto is also on Fl statutes as a forcible felony even if the door is open and the keys are in the ignition......GTA 'forcible felony' justifiable use of force......BUT.....and a big BUT.........you still have to be in the act of preventing that felony. Hence once someone has hopped in your open car with keys in it you can not run after them shooting.........BUT.......fleeing the scene of a felony you have commited in Fl is also a felony.........It gets confusing really.

Best and only line is....
You have to be able to honestly look somebody in the face and say 'If I did not I would be dead. I genuinely feared for my life'
If I cant say that I aint firing.

Last edited:
if someone else chooses to kill someone over stealing their property and its legal, who are you to pass judgement? are you smarter than the legal system? if youve got it all figured out why dont you run for a public office and change legislature for the better.
Why are you taking this so personally? I'm not going to continue with you as you don't seem to be willing to discuss this without resorting to ad hominem.

ps......Vonderbach 'forcible felony' is also considered to be if the perp has to use 'force' to commit that felony no matter the crime.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

With all due respect, it's not forcible until there is a weapon or a threat to life involved. A simple car theft is a straight felony and does not warrant the use of a weapon to deter it. This is why my line of thought is indeed controversial. I stop short of the Texas law, as I obviously do not wish to kill anyone. But I'm not going outside empty handed either. I challenge any juror to convict me of brandishing on my own property, legal or not.

Best and only line is....
You have to be able to honestly look somebody in the face and say 'If I did not I would be dead. I genuinely feared for my life'
If I cant say that I aint firing.

This much I agree with 100%, but a large majority in this thread seem to disagree.

This is why I don't own a gun cause I know what I am capable of doing.
If I had a gun and I saw someone stealing something from me I'm not going to sit there and watch them steal it only for the cops to tell me that I'm probably not going to get it back.

Back