How many pushups can you do non stop?

How many pushups can you do non stop? - How many pushups can you do non stop?

• Less than 20

Votes: 158 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thrasherfox

How many does your boy do straight? Oh and how old is he?

My five year old can probably get about 15 before I left but that was his punishment. Well he will be damn good at it because he acts like dad.

Thrasherfox

How many does your boy do straight? Oh and how old is he?

My five year old can probably get about 15 before I left but that was his punishment. Well he will be damn good at it because he acts like dad.
Right now he is doing 100 straight.

Currently for part of his training he is doing 80 - 100 pushups every night and I think he is doing aorund 300 crunches every night

that guy wasn't doing full military press...when they do the pushup contest, all it means that the torso does down and then up, not a full range of motion...cheaters.

I held the record at Charleston AFB in 2003...did 78 in 60 seconds, then passed out, right before the running part of my fitness test.  A few days later I tore my right trap muscle...figures.  Good thing about being in Combat Camera, plenty of time to work out. Now I'm just broken.

The trick is proper breathing and the position of your elbows, the distance away from your body, you use different muscles.  Work your traps and triceps!

Lemme see...one a day every day for the next 20 years or so...hmm....7000 or so in a row? No problem. If I really want to I could probably double that...maybe even TRIPLE!!! Yeah...Im a bad mofo. I know.

Did 200 when I was young and in the military but now my daughter can beat me . I'd say about 30. crazy.gif

push ups are deffinatly one of those endurance exercises. I'm more of a 10-12 rep. range kind of guy (for more size)

I don't do them very often but with my kids NOT on my back I'll do about 78 before I'm on fire firedevil.gif

with 7yr old, 6yr old, and 2yr old sitting on me -about 20

Wayyyy back in college I was in a military fraternity. Any other Pershing Rifles members around? at same time it was Air Force ROTC.

PRs like pushups so we did them as a challenge to each other. On the way to class we'd encounter another PR and it was on, drop and knock out 50. For more fun we'd double up and have someone else doing pushups on our backs while we were doing the pushup. We also did alot of one-handed pushups (showing off) and clapping hands on the upstroke of the PU. Amazing how much thinner we were back then.

To do a few hundred a night was no biggie. I think the most I ever did in a row was 175 or thereabouts. I don't remember much except the burn.

Nowadays it's down to 10 has me breathing heavy. Coincidentally enough I started doing pushups again a week ago and I'm doing 10 per night and 10 per morning. I'm hoping to get my endurance back up. Soon as my knee finishes healing I'm back to the gym. Now I feel uberfat.

40 proper and slow pushups for Me right now every other night..I could probably do more at a little faster pace..use to be able to do 100.....

getting old and fat sucks!!!!! cool.gif

FRONT LEANING REST POSITION....................MOVE!!!!

yee haa yea i hate push-ups but i usually do around 66 on my PFT

guns.gif guns.gif Poster

guns.gif

haha 10,000 is amazing!! I never count but Im sure I can do a ton, surely not to break the record but more than 100 for sure...

5'6" 140 and can bench 285.. push-ups are easy.. cool.gif

Update:

Last week when this came out, I reported thast I did 1 in a row. Well I'm proud to say that I have just done 2 in a row... that's a 100% improvement.

Naptime! laugh.gif

Here, let me try this:

Grrrrrrrunt!

Hey! Two!

--Wag--

Good job yous guys!!! if you increase your pushups by 1 every week with in one year you will be able to do 54 pushups!!

in two years 108 pushups!!!

in 4 years 216 pushups!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of which.

My son increased his max bench on Tuesday to 225 pounds one rep.

He is catching up to me. I am starting to feel sore trying to keep the bar raised for him. Elbow is hurting today lol.

On Tuesday I did 240 for 5 reps, then 225 for 10 reps.

I think I hurt it last night when we did a modified version of 21's, instead of doing 7 low curls, 7 high curls then 7 full range curls we did 15, 15 15 for a total of 45 reps with 70 pounds.

I started and I honestly didnt think he was going to be able to hang, well he did. whatever I throw at him he takes it and asks for more lol..

i was doing the PYRAMID for a while got up to 285x8, 295x6, 305x4, 315x3, 325x2, 335x1 then cool down225x6

lifting heavy for too long gives you tendinitis sad.gif

took me 8 mo. to heal

now i just do sets of 8-10reps. lol1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back