Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To about 150mph then I let off

• Taken it to the limit and was whippin it for more

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know!!! If you want to do the math that's fine with me. On my '88 1000 Hurricane, redline in 6th gear was 158mph, thats 10,500. It would pull to at least 15,000 with stock gears. On the Busa? Well all I know is mine pulls past 9k in 6th gear. (When the bike was new, less than 2500 miles, it would stop at the limiter) 10,500 is where I backed out the last time. I don't have a TRE. The last time I actualy had a GPS with me but no satelite reception. I guess my fat a$$ was blocking the signal. I am hoping to find out more this weekend.

Later,

Steve

so if my speedo said I was going 10mph id be going about 7?

hmm I guess thats a good thing to johnny law, but itd get annoying. would have to grab up one of those yellow boxes

178 GPS speed last weekend, stock speedo was nearly at the stop. First time I've really opened it up. Running with a ZG ST screen and tucked down behind it there was no sense of airflow or speed. Amazing how quickly the bike got up to speed also. Had more throttle left but not enough road.

178 GPS speed last weekend, stock speedo was nearly at the stop.   First time I've really opened it up.   Running with a ZG ST screen and tucked down behind it there was no sense of airflow or speed.   Amazing how quickly the bike got up to speed also.  Had more throttle left but not enough road.
Never enough road. Runways are a little better.

pegged and it was still going when I had to back off (end of road and all).

Need to find a longer strip and bring the GPS...

OVER 160 I HAVE TO GET MY HEAD DOWN SO CLOSE TO TANK I CANT REALLY SEE SPEEDO.
AND MOST OF THE TIME IM TO0 BUSY WATCHING WHERE IM GOING TO CHECK OUT SPEEDO
AT SPEED THE WIND FEELS LIKE WATER AND ITS HARD TO KEEP ALL OF MY BODY INSIDE THE POCKET BUSA FAIRING MAKES.NEED SOME SORT OF DEVICE TO KEEP RECORD OF SPEED SO I DONT HAVE TO LOOK.??

Guess I'm the slow one, I had it at 165, according to my buddy trying to keep up on his 929. Have no idea what my speedo said, as you run out of road real quick.

Guess I'm the slow one, I had it at 165, according to my buddy trying to keep up on his 929.  Have no idea what my speedo said, as you run out of road real quick.
I always have to post this when I hear about the slow ones. Guys.... 150- 165 is not slow at all. DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP in going faster thenb you feel god at because some people do or some people can. 200 miles + is extreely hard to get at and dangerous. Lots of people say it is easy, those are usually the ones who have not donw it. Anyone who has done it knows that it can be tricky nad hard to achieve, and harder and harder as you approach 210mph.

Drive the way you like don't worry about crazy people like myself running at 200mph (gps) = I do not do it every day and I try to have some what of a controled enviroment.

Guess I'm the slow one, I had it at 165, according to my buddy trying to keep up on his 929.  Have no idea what my speedo said, as you run out of road real quick.
I always have to post this when I hear about the slow ones.  Guys.... 150- 165 is not slow at all.  DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP in going faster thenb you feel god at because some people do or some people can.  200 miles + is extreely hard to get at and dangerous.  Lots of people say it is easy, those are usually the ones who have not donw it.  Anyone who has done it  knows that it can be tricky nad hard to achieve, and harder and harder as you approach 210mph.

Drive the way you like don't worry about crazy people like myself running at 200mph (gps) = I do not do it every day and I try to have some what of a controled enviroment.
Controlled environment?  The Mall?  School Zones? Federal Parking Garages?   tounge.gif

Just a thought folks but even full leathers are going to let you down at much over 150MPH.  Watched some dude on Discovery channel I think it was lay it down in full leathers at over 200MPH.  They lasted a little while but in the end his back was entirely exposed most of his chest, 7 broken fingers, road burned everywhere, and the worst was his knees had worn through and then he ground down the bone on both knee caps severing all the tendons and basically took him like 4 months to just get walking again.  

So, What I am I mothering about...what's my point?  Even with full racing leathers, in an actual "controlled" environment, you tank it at over about 165 or so you might not be walking away, Especially on the street... and I will dipped in sh*t before I get back to the bridge in Levi's and leather at 180...I felt sick to my stomach looking at the damage this guy sustained in full leathers...In Levi's?  You will probably be left a cripple...

Another point is that Ninja has been playing fast for a long time...Don't run out and twist the throttle to the stops just to post numbers...If you want a safer challange start hitting the twisties, when you have grind marks all along your peg feelers post that...

Time for me to go buy some better gear anyway...

Sorry for all the Mothering, I know it's kind of a downer, now get back to the Macho, My d*ck has gone faster than your d*ck discussion.. laugh.gif  laugh.gif Just playing...

d*cks.... wow.gif

laugh.gif

I went 120 on my way home from the dealer by "accident" with a mere 8 miles on the odometer. drink.gif

The guy said to take it through it's gears so I did and by the time I looked down shortly after shifting into 6th.. it was already up there.

I have hit 120 once since (now just over 1300 miles thumbs-up.gif ) and I don't plan on going much faster until I go to the track to get my stock times. kickass.gif

Heh! I think I have the slowest MPH to post so far. 105 mph indicated. It was sort of accidental. I say sort of because I intentionally rolled on it but I didn't really intend to get that fast on the way home from the dealership with 'er. I just rolled hard on 'er in third gear and before I knew it she was on 105.

I hit a hair over 100 last Saturday on a spirited run through the low gears but a crosswind wiggled 'er and I backed off. 105 is my current best. No shame in my game though. When I'm ready I'll twist 'er up a bit more. Till then I'm happy just cruising. I'd rather be the slowest than to get in over my head and f myself up.

I must say that it's nice to see Ninja and Rev injecting some reality into this thread. Thanks for keeping it real, guys! It'd be terrible to hear that someone went down hard trying to run a number that would impress everyone here. I may get in over my head at some point but I'm doing my best to enjoy my busa without killing or crippling myself.

:D
Thanks I will say it again.

RIDE WHAT YOU FEEL. DO NOT let the numbers push you to going faster. I have been to 206mph, my bike can do 228-230mph on the GPS. I will when I am ready or I won't. The most importnat thing to remember is it is not easy to get to 200 +mph. If someone is telling you that it is easy to do, they have not been there. It is easier once you have taken care of the hp the gearing, road, weather, and yourself but still difficult.
RIDE WHAT YOU FEEL NOT WHAT OTHERS FEEL FOR YOU.

Heh! I think I have the slowest MPH to post so far. 105 mph indicated. It was sort of accidental. I say sort of because I intentionally rolled on it but I didn't really intend to get that fast on the way home from the dealership with 'er. I just rolled hard on 'er in third gear and before I knew it she was on 105.

I hit a hair over 100 last Saturday on a spirited run through the low gears but a crosswind wiggled 'er and I backed off. 105 is my current best. No shame in my game though. When I'm ready I'll twist 'er up a bit more. Till then I'm happy just cruising. I'd rather be the slowest than to get in over my head and f myself up.

I must say that it's nice to see Ninja and Rev injecting some reality into this thread. Thanks for keeping it real, guys! It'd be terrible to hear that someone went down hard trying to run a number that would impress everyone here. I may get in over my head at some point but I'm doing my best to enjoy my busa without killing or crippling myself.

:D
Yer excused though BT........you have to set an example........you are a cop right. :beerchug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back