How fast can y\'all go...

OB_Erno

Registered
...in whatever country you live ?

Just for the fun of it, I would like to know the maximum speed limits in the different countries where you guys are from, and what happens when you get caught.

I own a 1993 ZZ-R1100 (ZX-11) and I've only been able to get it at 280 km/h (175 mph) just once, because of traffic and fear of the police.

The maximum speed limit here is 120 km/h and if I ever get caught exceeding this with 50% my ass is grass and I'll lose my bike, my license for a year or two and have to pay about $1000 on top.

So far so good, though!

There are also politicians over here who want to limit the maximum amount of horse power to 100, but gladly the majority of those people still don't agree with this.
And if this should happen (God forbid) I better either migrate to Germany (known for being very tolerable with speed limits) or trade in my ZZ-R for an ER-5...

Got my 89 Gxsr 1100 to go 159mph on Hwy 101 northern California,San Jose area,that was before the helmet law 1991,no helmet,felt like my ears were going to blow out from the wind,real tunnel vision,head felt like it was going to rip right off,my sunglasses was sucked into the wind screen,let go of the handles while slowing down at 140mph to retrive sunglasses,notice speedo and talk about shaken knee caps after that stupid bike trick.Hayabusa hasn't seen the 140mph yet still broken in bike.If caught speeding in California over 100mph if caught thrown in jail,fines,bike towed and impounded,you pay for storage/towing fee,lost of licence.If running from the cops,new law in California 1999,and you or the cop causes a accident you become a felon.No fast take offs from the stop light you get a ticket,it's called exhibition of speed.Two bikes at light takes off faster than normal traffic,cop can pull you over for racing,ticket,even if you are trying to avoid the idiot car drivers behind you.It's up to the cop to either give you a ticket or cut you some slack.

Cisco come over to Oz we have states over here man that are unrestricted.I'd call it Hyabusa territory,others here call it the Northern Territory,you know where Crocodile Dundee comes from LOL.But any way it is where a bike like the Busa can be let have it's head. Boss

Northern territory is fine for unlimited speed limit but the kangaroos and rogue cattle need to be dodged if you want to survive.

i live in upstate new york,where the speed limit is 65mph,i have a 91 gsxr1100 (for sale)with 38mm carbs,yosh pipe,dunlop d207 gp tires,and i had my bike going 177mph on rt5near a town called amsterdam twice.i cant wait to see what my busa does!!!!!!!!!

So far ive had the 'Busa up to 180 on the speedo-(not quite sure what the actual was)Any one know what it is???? I did it on the Clearview Expressway in Queens NY.

Back