the truth on maximum speed

Jrockk
1999 models averaged between 192 and 194 miles per hour. It was the very next year when the restrictions were enforced limiting all bikes to 186 mph.
sorry but wrong it was after 2000. Starting 2001 went the speedometer was changed from the 220 mph to the 185 mph...

I have read once or twice that some early 2000 models made it out without restriction.

How good/bad is it on the IIgen when unregulated to have the same timing as 5th when in 6th pegged?

Is there a way to keep factory tune when unregulated on IIgen but keep the gear position screen working?

All I did was take the speed limiter off and bump up the rev limiter. the gear position screen still works. that was one of my biggest things.
I wanted to keep that. my last bike was a street fighter so i had no gear position. all i had was a speedo.

I miss this bike.. A woman ran a stop sign when I was going 60 MPH. I T-boned her this past sep 4 2009
0805081834_0001.jpg

0805081834_0001.jpg

I have the mag that was before that I will scan where they mock out the Hayabusa name.. And thay were saying it would be a tough task to beat out a Honda Black Bird... I will have to dig that out. Its back when people thought the Busa was fat and ugly... People sure like to cut things down before they give them a try. Things were like that in 2000 when I bought my busa... Now its that way with my B King they sell that bike short... And I still have my Busa..

The original busas where my favorite but the more my 09 grows on me the uglier the 1stgen is. But then again the original designer said he wanted to make something grotesque that would stick in peoples mind. The design style for the newer 2nd gen is supposed to be masculine and accentuate your muscles ,namely your biceps,triceps,and calves.

just now seeing your sig. i want to do the texas mile next year :) is there any info you could pm me? want to start planning now!

Sorry, haven't been on here in a few days. Click the link in my sig for my build thread with the basic info. I've got to update it with the latest stuff but that will get you started. If you have any questions or need any help just let me know... :beerchug:

thanks max speed for the cover magazine :bowdown:

194 mph = 312.213 km/h

this is for french moto-journal for 1999 model

but 3 differents max-speed

with mirror

with mirror closed

without mirror

chrono10.jpg

max speed, your 194 mph are without mirror ???

cycle world carried out a similar test in there july 08 issure, top speed of the 08 busa was 185.68 mph, 1/4 mile in 9.90 @ 147.94mph, 0-180mph in 18.25, 0-60mph in 2.58

cycle world carried out a similar test in there july 08 issure, top speed of the 08 busa was 185.68 mph, 1/4 mile in 9.90 @ 147.94mph, 0-180mph in 18.25, 0-60mph in 2.58

no test with K8 DERESTRICTED ?

i serach the speed derestricted in fact ?????????

all academic really isnt, so many variables there is no real answer - you cant even qualify it on a dyno as they are all differnet as well, comes down to whose story you believe and some folks are pretty passionate about thier "results" (look at the G1 diehards whew) - personally I have a lot of respect for the guys on LSR runs :)

hi all
UK member here
the UK and i believe europe spec gen 1's do have a 17 tooth front sprocket, first mod for top speed here is to change to the 18 tooth it was designed for, even with the top speed limiter removed the rev limiter kicks in around 195-197 mph with the 17 tooth

dint believe true top speed will ever be reached in a standing mile my personal best is 190mph with data logger still showing acceleration of around 1mph per second

6 weeks now till the next event here and i can only hpe for a bit of a tailwind and the magic 200mph may be possible

aitch:bowdown:

Last edited:
That's a whole lot
of missing skin

if he dumps it .

Everybody played nice for a while,
then Kawasaki did it again,
this time unprovoked:

The ’76 KZ1000 ran 12.19 seconds at 107.65 mph in the quarter-mile
and topped out at 120 after a half-mile with quite a bit of steam left .

And when pipsqueak Yamaha jumped in
with its XS1100 in 1978 — the first bike
tested that broke into the 11s in the quarter-mile
( and ran 126 mph up top , all with shaft drive ! )

Honda dropped the bomb: Its CBX six-banger ran 11.64 at 117.95 mph
and was good for an official 134 mph after a half-mile .

1st production bike to break the 130-mph barrier .

The CBX is a collector’s item .

Back