How do you stop/prevent a tank-slapper?

always have a steering dampner on your bike. If you buy a bike with a steering dampner, never take it off. If you dont have one on your bike, get one.

To prevent it? Ride your bike like old people f*ck, slow, gently, and act like something could break any minute. But imho, thats worse than wrecking.

Mike

thumbs-up.gif

http://www.uponone.com/sortvideos-wheelies-viewed.php

here is a busa tank slapper
cant seem to figure out how to paste the vid itself
but anyway click on the 5 th one down
WOW!!! HOLY $HIT!!! you all have no fricken idea what is going through my mind right now..

I have been seriously thinking about attempting to wheelie my Busa..

But it seems like the more I think about it, the more I have people jiust make little comments like

"The Busa is too big for doing tricks like stoppies and wheelies"
and the Busa is made for going fast, but not stunts.

And I have been hearing how hard wheelies and stoppies are on bikes, epsecially Busa's

But I have never in my many years of riding ever seen anything like that. I am seeing a guy pulling a wheelie, putting the tire down and the next thing you know he is on the ground..

Crap I dont know if I am ever going to attempt that $hit now..

Thanks for this thread.. very helpful, if nothing else I know that is a possability to look out for..

Awesome people!!

First don't fight it you'll only make it worse. Transmitting the shake to the chassis thru your body. Second roll on throttle. `Busa makes enough power to get the front end light enough underpower to stop it. Third, You actually have to try to wheelie? Man must be something wrong with you bike...lol. All I have to do is roll open the throttle hard and up she comes. Hell I gotta try harder to keep it down....lmao.
rock.gif

funny...  I always thought a tank slapper was when your balls "slapped" the tank from landing a wheelie to hard.  What is that called?  'Cause I have done it a couple of times and it ain't right!
Squid Squasher <-- Seems appropriate for Oracle Whip
Orbs Smasher
Nut Slapper
Jewel Jammer
Nut Cracker
what does it do when your ball hit the tank?

olive oil
i start 2 scream like a litlle bitch...

My Busa wheelies pretty good if there is no wind. Any wind at all makes it very unpredictable not to mention 3rd or 4th gear you are really moving in a wheelie. I have had some close ones coming over a small hill when you get to the top let up because it wants to send you over backwards. Cross winds suck they push the bike over on its side when you get it back down you are leaned over pretty good. Front winds can catch that front fender like a sail. I have alittle trouble with stand ups sometimes the tank is so fat I have to bow my legs to stand straight up. I can not do endo's very well so I cant say much except it seems very much heavier than my 89 1100 Gixxer. Plus with all the chrome and stuff I dont feel like denting in my tank and trying any of those other stunts. A few wheelies and an occasional stand up are plenty for me. There is a guy up here on a 750 that did a stand up for 2 miles he gets more daring every day. If you want to do stunts look for a wrecked bike on ebay that is better suited for it I think.

Back