Tankslappers..

rashad

Registered
There has been a lot of debate on why tank slappers happen..

This video is one of the best I have seen that actually SHOW how it happens..

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Isle of Mann??? They would have been poring my remains or at least shoveling 20 lbs. of shi* into a bucket after that :lol:

tobefast.com

Site Sponsor
Registered
Tank Slappers can be helped with good dampers for your hayabusa..... LOL

Just in case if anyone needs one ToBeFast.com has your covered

Hayabusa Damper Kits 2008-2009 Hayabusa:
Suspension Kits & Motorcycle Damper Kits - ToBeFast.com

Hayabusa Damper Kits 99-07 Hayabusa:
Suspension Kits & Motorcycle Damper Kits - ToBeFast.com

ToBeFast.com Low Price Guarantee:
Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

We really appreciate the forum members and will take great care of you.

Team McCoy Motorsports
Hayabusa.Org Sponsor
Sales@tobefast.com
Phone (606) 432-1556
Motorcycle Parts`Street Bike Parts`Motorcycle Helmets`Street Bike Apparel`Gear`Street Bike Performance Parts`Apparel`McCoy Motorsports`ToBeFast

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
That was a screw up not a tankslapper.
Yeah, but an easy screw up to make at that speed when your in the air two times in a second or so. One jump is ok (been there done that) but two jumps and your motocrossin~!~ :bowdown:

I remember that. Darren Lindsey at the Tandragee 150 (I think?). Might have been the Cookstown 100. Poor fella is dead now, killed in practice session for Killalane Road Races.

I had a couple tank slappers on my old FZR600. I was just lucky to have some room to get it back under control before having to turn. Definitely scary.

I had a couple tank slappers on my old FZR600. I was just lucky to have some room to get it back under control before having to turn. Definitely scary.
+1. i hit a rut in the road made by log trucks on my old 600RR. it went into a tankslap, tires were sqealin and i was just holding on for my life. i gave it more gas and it came out of it out of it but scared the crap out of me

rashad

Registered
that was the makings of a tankslapper.. it was front and rear tires landing improperly and it created a wave that had to be ridden out...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IG. General Bike Related Topics 34
O General Discussion 0