Need recommendation on how to prevent sliding back on acceleration

Try hooking the center of your foot over the pegs when pouring on the power.

Using the balls of your foot is great for cornering, but there aren't many folks who can use that much power leaned over in a turn. Hook your heels over the pegs for the straight line high power acceleration.

I tried moving my feet forward, tried moving back so my butt is against the hump. Unfortunately, in both cases I felt quite uncomfortable. So, hoping the stomp grips will help...

Seat cowl?
I am 5-11 265 lbs with plenty in the stomach lol and I havent had an issue with getting low enough to hang on. Between the grip, laying on the tank, knees, and the seat hump you should be set for 300 mph I would think.

if it wasn't for the seat hump I would have blew off long ago :rofl:

Move your feet just a bit further forward on the pegs. Point your feet down when on the throttle hooking them on the pegs and by doing this it will allow you to 'push' forward with your feet, calves and thigh muscles. Doing this right should keep you planted on anything .
I've never ridden with my hump and don't slide back. Like riding a running horse without holding the reigns. It's all in the lower body.

I have the same issue, im 6'2 and weigh 150lbs,down from 215, so I feel like I will slide off too.

Id rather have this issue than carry around all that weight again, it was miserable.

I would love to hear Tuff's answer on this !!

I had someone tell me before (I have the same problem) that when riding you don't want to have all your weight on the seat, but mostly on the pegs. I tried it, and it does help, but man does it wear you out !! When I told him how bad it hurt he said "then you're doing it right". ??

Back