How about a group buy for power commanders

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I've seen a lot of great group buys and participated in a recent one (Kobe Dragon Jacket, thanks overeasy) and was thinking about getting Power Commander, how sweet it would be to hit a group buy for that.

The Power Commander is an item just everybody either has or wants, we could probably generate quite a lot of orders.

I'm not volunteering to start one as I don't know which vendor would be good to work with and don't have any experience running a group buy but thought the idea was worth a post.

Good idea!
smile.gif

Hey JYT,

I'm in on this one too. I don't mind heading it up again. This will be much easier with one like item as opposed to the selective quantity and sizing I had to go through for gear.

First, this is why we need to hammer the mods about having a forum/board for Group Buys only.

Second, just now, I went and took the initiative again and went straight to the horse's mouth, DynoJet Research, who manufactures the PC III USB. Spoke to a cust. rep. who put me through to his manager's vm. Left a message for him expressing our interest. We'll see if he calls me back.

Their price as of now is $339.00...their cost to dealers is $254.00. After hearing back, we'll need to see how many people need one.

I'll keep ya posted.

OverEasy you are THE MAN. I was hoping someone who knew what the heck were doing would jump in.

Here's one from RC Performance for $260.

http://www.rcsperformanceonline.com/powercommander

Anybody order anything from them, are they decent??

Obviously ordering straight from Dynojet would be the way to go, stocked inventory and all, but the $260 from RC might gives an insight on the wiggle room allowed price wise.

streetntrack is a board sponsor...that definately counts.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151108639 -->

Hey, Charles, the one I just ordered from you counts in this right??
tounge.gif

LOL, just kidding bro. I'm happy with the deal I got.
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|JDookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151109471 -->

Okay, someone enlighten me. I have a vague idea of what a power commander is and what it's supposed to do but can someone give me a nutshell version of what it's benefits are to me if I buy one?

--Wag--

Okay, someone enlighten me.  I have a vague idea of what a power commander is and what it's supposed to do but can someone give me a nutshell version of what it's benefits are to me if I buy one?

--Wag--
In a nutshell it will remap your fuel curves to make your bike more efficient and give it a little boost.

Don

Back