Houston, I have a problem :-(

SCBQQSTN

Registered
So in the rush of installing my new tail light I forgot to hook back on the cable that releases the rear seat/hump... I put back on the hump and then when I went to unlock it with the key, sure enough nothing happens... Am I going to have to crack open the hump with a hammer to re connect the cable on my k9?

Thanks guys

No, lots of people do this. There is a trick with removing the seat and using a screw driver...or something like that. Hang on and dont break anything, someone will chime in with the how too. Do a search, there was a post about this just a few weeks ago.

I've never had this issue. I think in 4 years I've had the tail off twice, but I just take the two bolts out of the lock and leave the cable attached bc of all the post like this one. It only takes 1/2 a minute to remove.

Best of luck OP, put the hammer down :poke:

Update,

As animalrooster41 stated in his thread, you HAVE to get a rod, about 10 inches long, and make sure that it is very very thin. I scrounged around the garage looking for something and simply removed the thin metal handle that is attached to a paint can. I bent it to be as straight as possible, and with about 30 minutes of hard work and a couple of swear words later, I got it to open!!! I swear the MacGyver theme song started playing in my head once I got it to open lol. It will require patience, and you have to be spot on for it to open, but it works. Thanks once again lil charlie for finding the thread, and thank you especially animalrooster41 for finding the solution.

Back