Battery Tender routing

04 Limited Busa

Registered
I just hooked up the battery tender cables to my battery. Looking at all possibilities to route it outside the battery box to hook up the tender cable. Best place seemed to be on left side between back of tank and frame, but I sat on bike and the cable was coming out near my mid calf, don’t really like that. Thought about routing it to underneath the rear hump, but would require taking the hump off every time to hook and unhook. Thought about routing it through helmet slot in hump, but figured it would beat the paint off and look stupid. Any ideas?

Down by the rear master cyclinder.
Use the loop on the cap to go around the mc brake hose. Keeps it behind the rearset, and away from your feet. Also not very noticeable.
I'll post a pic later, I'm on my phone, pic is on my laptop.

I have mine routed out of the left side grab handle hole in the tail section. When not in use I cap it and tuck it up onto the grab handle so it is out of the weather etc. I used to have it running along side the strap shown at the back of the tank for my tank bag, but my electric vest bit the dust so I ran it here.
Capture.JPG

By the rear M/C, cable tied to brake hose. When out riding I put a waterproof plug in the socket.

Thought about routing it to underneath the rear hump, but would require taking the hump off every time to hook and unhook.
That's where my BT lead goes. It's no big deal to take the hump off. I only need to do that over winter. I think I'd still do that even if it was a track bike that needed charging after every ride.

That's where my BT lead goes. It's no big deal to take the hump off. I only need to do that over winter. I think I'd still do that even if it was a track bike that needed charging after every ride.

I didn't have a house with a garage until 4 years ago. For several years before that, my bikes stayed in a CycleShell outside my back door.
So the quick access to the battery tender was good, as I kept it plugged in out of habit, but throughout the winter. Even though I rode most days.
Park on the shell, plug it in, close the top, done.
The Cycleshell sat folded in my basement for 2 years before I realised my riding mower fit in it, lol!

Back