Battery Tender

critterdoc

Banned
My battery gave up the ghost this morning. I have a battery tender that I used on my Ducati (Ducatis EAT batteries for some reason), but I have not used it on the busa because it has always started so easily even though I only ride once or twice a week (all year round).

My question for all you members with a bigger brain than me is will using a battery tender extend the life of my new battery considering that it rarely gets below freezing in Texas and I ride year round?

I have a battery tender for each of my bikes, stays connected full time when I am not riding.
P.S. You already bought one, why not use it?

hook it up, I"ve got one on both my bikes and they start in the dead of winter every time. I dont know if they last longer or not but they sure start up in the cold better.

it is a must have. Before I never used one and my wife's gsxr 1000 started no problem. The Busa is another issue, had to get a new battery already. Now they both use the tender.

I have a battery tender for each of my bikes, stays connected full time when I am not riding.
P.S. You already bought one, why not use it?
Pure laziness...On the duc I had the leads attached to the terminals and just did the quick link after every ride. I forgot to remove the leads when I sold the bike and just never got around to putting a new set on the busa. I will when I install the new battery though.

My battery gave up the ghost this morning. I have a battery tender that I used on my Ducati (Ducatis EAT batteries for some reason), but I have not used it on the busa because it has always started so easily even though I only ride once or twice a week (all year round).

My question for all you members with a bigger brain than me is will using a battery tender extend the life of my new battery considering that it rarely gets below freezing in Texas and I ride year round?
If you get a good quality battery thats set up right from the beginning, and keep it plugged into a quality battery tender of some type all the time when you're not riding, the battery will probably last longer than you'll own your bike :laugh: My 03 busa has the original battery in it going as strong as new, and its been on a tender non-stop almost from day one :thumbsup: You don't have to go through a battery every year or two like a lot of guys think, its all in how you treat them :beerchug:

When I can't ride for more than a week like going on vacation or something, I always use mine. I still have the original battery for a little over 3 years now and never had any issue with it.

I use mine all the time. I had mine plugged in for over a year while i was deployed and have had zero issues whatsoever.

If you get a good quality battery thats set up right from the beginning, and keep it plugged into a quality battery tender of some type all the time when you're not riding, the battery will probably last longer than you'll own your bike :laugh: My 03 busa has the original battery in it going as strong as new, and its been on a tender non-stop almost from day one :thumbsup: You don't have to go through a battery every year or two like a lot of guys think, its all in how you treat them :beerchug:

:thumbsup:

Back