Any Slick Battery Tender Mounts Out There? Also, battery loose?

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

As with all my bikes, i just installed the battery tender pigtails on my Busa. Looking fairly limited as far as mouting options. You guys have any pics of your setups? Thanks

Also, i am kinda surprised the battery just sits in the battery box with no hold down strap etc?? Seems odd to me.

Thanks

If will notice the underside of the seat, there should be a rubber stop mounted to it, when the seat is installed, the rubber stop keeps the battery from moving up and down, it wont move laterally anyway. I ran my pig tail out from under the seat beside the frame.

I have the pig tail running down the right side from the battery and it kind of just hangs next to the rear brake m/c.

I never have had had any issues with it flying loose or anything and it makes it really easy to get to.

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Thanks, good idea.

Also, i was toying with the idea of adding a waterproof powerlet adapter, wiring the battery side pigtails to that female end, mounting it clean up near the handle bars (on the dark gray plastic) and it would serve double duty.

Would plug male end of battery tender (also converted to powerlet attachment) to charge, and would have a charging source for items on long road trips.

Easy access and low profile:
PKT-042-48_p_330_webl.jpg

Thinking of giving these folks a call for the pieces and parts: http://www.powerlet.com/

Thoughts?

Thanks, good idea.

Also, i was toying with the idea of adding a waterproof 12v cig lighter adapter, wiring the battery side pigtails to that female end, mounting it clean up near the handle bars (on the dark gray plastic) and it would serve double duty.

Would plug male end of battery tender (also converted to cig lighter attachment) to charge, and would have a charging source for items on long road trips.

Thinking of giving these folks a call for the pieces and parts: Powerlet Products - Rugged power outlets, cables and electronics

Thoughts?

I wouldnt do that. It is really preference. I mounted a dual cig lighter under my tail on my 05. That worked very well. On my 09 I mounted a 3BR usb outlet under my gauge cluster. There are a couple of pics in this thread. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/148215-just-want-say-thank-you-couple-members.html I also added a fuse block for future accessories.
Its an awesome ad on. Pashnit carries the full line. 3BR Powersports | Wire & Power your Motorcycle with USB Power Outlet | PashnitMoto

Back