Deltran Battery Tender Jr For Both Lead Acid/li Battery?

bigron

Registered
Hello Folks,

It seems my original Yuasa is finally giving in after 6 years. Having trouble starting the bike for some time. Looking to get the Deltran Tender Jr to see if the battery can be topped up otherwise will go ahead and pick up the LI battery from Deltran. Can the Deltran Jr be used with both lead acid and LI batteries.
I came across another product from Deltan with selectable lead acid/lithium charger called the Junior 12v 800.
Which one do the folks here recommend?

IDK. I used a lead acid maintainer on my Shorai and it seems to have worked but I have used the Shorai charger ever since. Shorai claims it balnces the cells which a lead acid charger cannot do. My Shorai is about 8 years old now. I'd stick with equipment designed for any nonconventional battery just to be safe.

BTW Costco has a 3A Battery Tender going on sale for $29.99 the week of the 17th in their Holiday Savings book. I dont need one right now but thought about getting another just for my lawn tractor.

Thanks for the reply mates. Unfortunately, I noticed all tenders have an input volt of 120. I need a dual input 120/240 tender to work in my country. Back to searching I guess.

Does Deltran have a distributor in India? I would think that would be a global corporate initiative for them!

Yes they do actually. And also stock the LI battery and other products from the brand. The BTL14 battery that I am thinking of picking is available for a cool 240 USD. Oh, how I love import duties.

Back