My Boo Boo!!!!!

memphistn3000

Registered
Ok so I got me a new tail light so I got it put on but i made a huge mistake(IMHO) I put my tail section back on but i didnt put my locking mechanism back on under the tail hump. Needless to say i cant get the hump back off so guys and gals what do i do to the hump back off. Pls Help!!!!!

OOF...if ever the was a time for a special place on this site you could go to curse now is it...:banghead:...

I can see in my head and remember seeing a how to on that exact thing.
Not sure where it was.
Gimme time I will find it if someone else doesnt chime in.

NOT SURE but I seem to remember it involved a really long thin screwdriver...???

I have heard where people drill a hole in the bottom of the undertail to get a screwdriver or something in there to move the latch.

Vonderbach I think you got it...:thumbsup::beerchug:
Easy.
Something I can see myself doing at 2 am.
Im gonna save that link for future use by a uh idiot that I know...:laugh:

Do you have any with Kanji or Hayabusa log on it..
Maybe we can do a group buy and you will cut us a break ?
:bowdown:

Last edited:
From the left side of the bike you can stick a straightened coat hanger with a small hook on it under the hump. It might take some time But if someone can send you a pic with the hump off so you know what you are aiming at it's not too hard. Been there done that. I am at work on my laptop or I would send you a pic.

Do you have any with Kanji or Hayabusa log on it..
Maybe we can do a group buy and you will cut us a break ?
:bowdown:

I'll send 'em to Cap for laser etching...but it's gonna add $5 to each stick. I have to pay for the bosses time ya know. :laugh:

Ok I'm slow.
Can u guys explain the steps.

The method I used works with anything flat and "solid." You can use screwdrivers, but they slip easily and are quite difficult to use for that reason. The paint sticks, if you have them, have lots of surface area which makes it relatively easy to push the latch open.

Here's a pic from someone else who had the foresight (not me) to make it a bit easier on everyone.

26999-can-t-unlock-my-hump-busa_trunk2.jpg

Insert one towards paint stick towards the rear (the first stick is a spacer, nothing more. It just opens the gap.)

Insert the second stick through the helmet lock crease from the right side (riding position.) This will be the stick that you use to push the lever in the picture above.

Remove the seat, take a slim flashlight and stick it in for light. You will be able to look in from the side that you are working (it's gonna be a slim area, so you're not going to see much) but you can work the stick and push towards the oppostie side and release the cable.

Last edited:
The method I used works with anything flat and "solid." You can use screwdrivers, but they slip easily and are quite difficult to use for that reason. The paint sticks, if you have them, have lots of surface area which makes it relatively easy to push the latch open.

Here's a pic from someone else who had the foresight (not me) to make it a bit easier on everyone.

26999-can-t-unlock-my-hump-busa_trunk2.jpg

Insert one towards paint stick towards the rear (the first stick is a spacer, nothing more. It just opens the gap.)

Insert the second stick through the helmet lock crease from the right side (riding position.) This will be the stick that you use to push the lever in the picture above.

Remove the seat, take a slim flashlight and stick it in for light. You will be able to look in from the side that you are working (it's gonna be a slim area, so you're not going to see much) but you can work the stick and push towards the oppostie side and release the cable.

thanks ur great:thumbsup:

I did the same thing with a coathanger. This thread should be stickied...

On another subject, I see you're from Memphis. I'm right down the road in Olive Branch, give me a shout, we should ride sometime.

On another subject, I see you're from Memphis. I'm right down the road in Olive Branch, give me a shout, we should ride sometime.

I have family buried in Olive Branch. I seem to recall some world famous BBQ sauce from a local eatery.

think demymm was able to reach his skinny (girly) hands up under the bar and click the release himself... if i remember correctly...sorry demymm...lol:whistle:

Back