biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I GOT IT!!!!!!!

I ended up wrapping a towel around my arm so the plastic wouldnt cut me, put on a glove so that I could push the plastic thingy with my finger with less pain, and pushed DOWN on the hump as I pushed the plastic thingy to reduce friction on the lock thingies... and finally I GOT IT!!!!! Took the hump off, CONNECTED THE LOCKING DEVICE, put on all the screws and got the tail back together!!
Thanks for all the advice guys. (I'm glad I didnt have to cut anything
smile.gif
)

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Hahahhahaha NEEEVVVEEERRR!!!!
I made sure the key worked about 5 times before finally bringing myself to put the hump back on
laugh.gif

Well, I did some research.... looked at some pics of busa trunks... figured out how the opening mechanism works... and here's where I'm at right now:
(Use attached pic for reference)

The cable circled in <table style=filter:glow(color=Yellow)>Yellow</table> is unhooked. So in order to unlock the hump, I need to push the plastic thingy circled in <table style=filter:glow(color=Red)>Red</table> down manually. I can get to it by sticking my hand through where the undertail meets the tail (following the <table style=filter:glow(color=Green)>Green</table> arrow), but it is very difficult to move the plastic thingy with my finger). I tried using some tools, but just keep dropping them because of the cramped position my hand is in.

ANY ADVICE?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
I'm desperate here... I REALLY don't want to cut a whole in my undertail and I have a group ride in about 5 hours.....
some people have drilled a small hole it the lip of the cowl where your green arrow crosses over it. Once the hole is there you can take a piece of coat hanger and stick it through and push the lock over to open the hump.

rock.gif

Back