locked my tail hump on

kromebusa

Registered
Ok, Just did a totally stupid thing.....I had the back end all torn apart, as I am putting it back together, I snap in the tail hump and have the automatic realization that I did not connect the cable to the release latch from the lock. So As I am rolling around in my head how to get this off, it occurs to me that there is no way short of bashing in my tail hump to release this. I am hoping that I am missing something, Anyone have any ideas how to remedy this problem?
__

Don't bash your hump yet, someone on this site knows how to get it off!

Here is one thread that has a few options discussed.

Good luck!!
cool.gif

I know it's only a matter of time before I do the same thing.
smile.gif
Good luck.

dude it is best to think about a new undertail because a clothes hanger or a small hand will not get it unless you are extremly lucky. I cut a 4x3inch square out of my undertail only after trying everything. You'll see it is not as easy as some here suggest. I would try to mark some straght lines and cut with a dremel tool the bottom of the undertail. Save the piece and epoxy it back in after you unlatch the hump. I did that to mine and you couldn't even tell. I have since got a new undertail. I can take some digi pics tonight of where you will need to cut if that will help.

ok, that did it, I forgot how much I shaved off to put my undertail on, I took it off and went right to it. thanks for all the information.

I once somehow locked my key in the hump while out riding, my wife had to come and bring my spare key...it is kind of funny now, but she wasn't too amused then...I am going to check these links out to see if there is a way to get the hump off if needed again....I don't ever want to make that call again...

I seriously don't understand why people unhook the cable....

I've had my tail section apart and torn apart more than a few times and have never done this.....

the reason:

don't disconnect the damn cable!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

take the 2 screws out of the bracket and the cable willl stay attached and you can't snap the hump back on without remounting this bracket!!!!
smile.gif

Back