Hot frame

Busaboo

Registered
Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone has experienced the frame getting hot on their Busa,as I rebuilt the pump and put it back together with new oil and fluids and took it out for s ride,when I parked up I noticed the frame and front area felt really hot to touch.Can any one assist me with any advice on why this would happen,as it gets to temp quick,and stays under the mid way until I traffic,but I noticed the fan does kick in and work?.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get alot of heat off the clutch area of mine, not sure if its the chrome cluth cover or something else. Mine never gets past the halfway mark on the temp guage but lots of heat. not sure if the fairings hold all the heat as they are built so close to the engine cases.

Mine never gets past the halfway mark on the temp guage but lots of heat. not sure if the fairings hold all the heat as they are built so close to the engine cases.
Same with me. Never see the temp gauge go past halfway.

Yes, I do think the fairings hold a lot of the heat in.

I haven't ridden my busa much without fairings but I can see the frame getting hot and holding heat. You have the valve cover right in the middle of the frame and that gets pretty hot. If the engine temp is normal I would consider the frame temp to be normal too.

I've noticed after a decent ride if I put my hand on the main frame spar, it is hot to the touch, can only rest my hand on it a few seconds.
Even down at the swingarm pivot bolt area she's fairly warm!
I think it's normal, but do keep an eye on the temp gauge, should never go over half way.

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone has experienced the frame getting hot on their Busa,as I rebuilt the pump and put it back together with new oil and fluids and took it out for s ride,when I parked up I noticed the frame and front area felt really hot to touch.Can any one assist me with any advice on why this would happen,as it gets to temp quick,and stays under the mid way until I traffic,but I noticed the fan does kick in and work?.

Mine gets good and warm. And heat travels thru aluminum pretty fast. Aluminum also dissipates heat fast. It's used for heat sinks on curcit boards just for that reason. Just normal. All's good...

Where I live, it’s open country roads and hills away from the city. Nice ride, I decided to be in shorts the other day and accidentally burned my leg and thighs on the frame lol.

Back