Horn Trouble... Like I really need one with the way my bike sounds...

SkootRRgirl

Registered
Ok Here is the situation: The bike's horn doesn't work and I have no repair manual or the funds to purchase one at this time. My bike is loud and has served the purpose of the horn for about a week now and I would feel so much safer having my horn work so if there is anyone who has a suggestion please do tell. By the way someone said it may be a fuse but where do you find those on the bike? Not dumb just don't know everything about a busa.???

SKRRG -
Two things I would check -
1. Remove the lower black pan (under the nose) and look for the plug that powers the horn; make sure there is nothing wrong (exposed wires, wire pulled from the connector, connector not attached to the horn, etc.)

2. On the left side of the dash, remove the upper inner fairing; the fuse block is located there... check and see if the fuse is blown... but chances are better than not that if the fuse is blown, there is a problem with the wires and connector...

Just my .02

MCM

According to the owners manual (I don't have a shop manual either), the horn fuse also runs the dash indicator lights, tail light, brake light, turn signals, and a couple of other sundry bulbs. If all this stuff is working, it's not the fuse.
Your horn itself or the switch may be bad, or it may be as simple as a bad ground.
I'm sure someone will be along with more detailed input here in a bit.

If memory serves, there is +12v DC directly to the horn. The horn switch completes the ground circuit...

That's what I thought too, but wasn't sure. Most horns are set up that way.

Have you reached up in there and checked that the plug was on the prong that comes out of the horn completely? (edit: I think it's a plug on deal, can't remember for sure) May be corroded a little, pull it off and put it back on a few times. Sometimes you get lucky.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I appreciate all your responses:goodidea: and I will check each suggested idea to see if any of these work. Again thank you for your time.:yes:

I like my horn loud :thumbsup:

good advice so far :beerchug:

ps just hit me eliminating the horn as the cause pretty simple just run a bypass on it if it blows look else where for the problem as stated above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i also love my horn loud.Thats why i am using Stebel nautilus air horn.But i found out more info on horn.There are different pitches and sounds of all horns.Whether it can reach the driver with the stereo on on the highway thats another question:whistle:

Other than already stated try operating the horn switch a number of times. My '06 stopped working and after hitting it a half dozen times it started working again. The '06 had the passing light feature, don't know about the '05, I always love using that when I get that feeling.

Wtih all of the Busaholics in Florida...Can't someone help the lady out? By the way I can mail you my factory horn...I put on a Stebel Nautilus..and it is loud...the factory horn is a joke for getting attention...Let me know and I'll post it out to you..2hip

Other than already stated try operating the horn switch a number of times. My '06 stopped working and after hitting it a half dozen times it started working again. The '06 had the passing light feature, don't know about the '05, I always love using that when I get that feeling.

My 06 did the same thing with its passing light. Weird.

Wtih all of the Busaholics in Florida...Can't someone help the lady out? By the way I can mail you my factory horn...I put on a Stebel Nautilus..and it is loud...the factory horn is a joke for getting attention...Let me know and I'll post it out to you..2hip

thank you 2hip, I haven't had a chance to check out the other ideas first because I have been writing a paper for school however as soon as I can I am going to if none of those ideas work I will hit you back and we can talk aboutyour factory horn ok:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back