Hope you like ABS! Will be mandatory in the EU come 2016

Most of the bike that have abs you can turn it off for track use, well the BMW and ducs.

I have had abs on my last 3 bikes, I love it,

Not to be arguementative but you think buying a bike with ABS is more intrusive than forcing you to take a bunch of courses?:cookoo: I would personally love to take every rider course there is, but it seems to me good judgment and common sense seems to have illuded all who can't see the wisdom in ABS on street bikes.

I might also point out that planes are chock full of pilot assist electronics, it ain't all skill keeping accidents down.

Apparently you missed the entire point, eh? :dunno:

I wouldn't call ABS garbage, it does work well. I just think it should be optional.

lol.... anytime you SLAM on the brakes in the rain ur car or bike is gonna lose control so that video proves nothing more then slamming on ur brakes in the rain is a bad idea.

ABS is for those that dont know how to brake or ride. I dont ride in the rain and dont know anyone else owning a Busa who does either. ive been caught in the rain before and never had one single issue braking.

a solution to a problem that doesnt exist with a 550 lb vehicle. if someone needs ABS to ride safely then they should not own a MC. been riding off and on for 25 years. never had a braking issue.

lol.... anytime you SLAM on the brakes in the rain ur car or bike is gonna lose control so that video proves nothing more then slamming on ur brakes in the rain is a bad idea.

ABS is for those that dont know how to brake or ride. I dont ride in the rain and dont know anyone else owning a Busa who does either. ive been caught in the rain before and never had one single issue braking.

a solution to a problem that doesnt exist with a 550 lb vehicle. if someone needs ABS to ride safely then they should not own a MC. been riding off and on for 25 years. never had a braking issue.

I do not disagree with that. But - how many riders out there are truly "good" riders? Most riders do a thousand miles a year at most, or are kids that went out and got a Busa as a first bike. There is no way you can be a good rider if you do not get constant practice in all types of situations. So for the majority of riders, I'd say ABS would be a good thing.

I do not disagree with that. But - how many riders out there are truly "good" riders? Most riders do a thousand miles a year at most, or are kids that went out and got a Busa as a first bike. There is no way you can be a good rider if you do not get constant practice in all types of situations. So for the majority of riders, I'd say ABS would be a good thing.
well, that may be true to some degree but a kid who buys a Busa as his first bike is an accident waiting to happen with or without ABS.

Why is it assumed that all these accidents were rider error????
I am thinking many were car related,as in,a clueless car operator in harms way?
ABS and/or vast skills will never get you out of what is ones, unfortunate destiny.:moon:

Skills/attention in operating both bikes and cars are the answer.

Seems they never attack/approach the real cause,only supply band-aids(after the fact) to "seemingly" fix the problem.:banghead:
The real problem is never dealt with in the first place- AND THEN YOU EQUIP THEM WITH CELL PHONES, ETC...:banghead::banghead:

I am OK with ABS as an option,still is for cars. But then again, most car drivers are the superior operators.:rofl: :rulez:

Back