honest opinion on seats...

jream

Registered
i've looked at ball z motorsports seat upgrades...
and just want to get your honest opinion on if its worth doing... comfort, quality, etc.

want to do something for a more comfortable ride and seeing what people really think of their seats.

thx!
jason

Is it like this one? I really like the cut and they are very comfortable. I have corbin now on my 09.

2011-03-18_11-44-41_704.jpg

Jason, this topic has been discussed to no end...almost as if we were:deadhorse:...
If you employ the fancy search feature I'm sure you'll get 1001 different opinions.
So for the record and my :2cents:

I'm one of the weird ones who likes the stocker. Good luck with your quest!

IMG_2333.jpg

Jason

Teh seats you are talking about ARE worth the money..many people on here have them almopst everyone will tell you it makes you feel like youre sitting IN the bike instead of ON the bike.

Witht hat said, everybody has their preferences, but as far as the New Image seats ( Yes New Image theyre not called Tobin ) seats, they are everything they portray them to be. I have several of them actually just put one on my 600 and the Busa already has 1 so that should give you some idea..

TONS of choices but you cant go wrong with a New Image Seat.

Hope that helps
Lycan:thumbsup:

have a custom seat made with gel inserts and soft suede leather. it will only cost u a little more and ur arse will thank you.....

I've had a few seats and I recently had stock seats redone by a local business called "seats by tommy" <-- Link in Florida.

I like to keep my money with a small business, wanted something that no other local bike would have, and its been by far the best version since.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Seats are 100% a personal preference. Sit on one or ride with it before you buy it whenever possible.
The New Image is a great quality seat, but I'm one of those who doesn't like it.
You are stuck in one position and can't move about, it makes hard cornering or knee dragging difficult.
I also find it uncomfortable sitting crammed in there for any more than about 10 or 15 minutes.
I also dislike the stock seat, and found the gel seat hard and it never really broke in.
I like my Corbin, but have done some trimming and modification to it too.
If at all possible, find a member that has a seat you'de like to try.
Switch seats for a ride and see for yourself(2 bolts and one minute to switch).
I'de let anyone try my seats, and my bike if I see that they are a competant and skilled rider.:beerchug:

Sorry can't help you. I got almost 50k Busa miles on the oem seats:dunno:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I have a zero gravity seat, its stock height, but its a lil softer, its made with non-slide material. Its a lil more rounded on the front which might be easier to hang off the side on the twisties.. For me its more comfortable, great for every day use, I even did an Iron Butt with no problems, but like stated before, seats are personal choice. I hope you find something that meets your needs! :beerchug:

080.jpg

I have a Corbin, but do not care for the steep angle toward the tank. I really like the look of the ZG because it seems to be more of a flat surface. I will keep my eye out to try and see one in person and make a decision from there.

Back