Honda polish-Plexus low tech comparison

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Let me just say I'm not pro this or that and both are excellent products and I wouldn't think twice about using ether/or.
The only difference I could notice in application is the Honda polish smears around and requires just a bit more wipe to complete, but only if your paying attention and being thorough, almost unmeasurable using a lint free micro fiber cloth. The cloth itself seamed to retain more of a wet feel with the Honda as applications accumulated, since nether product states true contents/ingredients, who knows. I can only assume the Honda is more water base as you'll see in some of the photos.

The only feel to touch difference I could tell for some some reason? was to the painted metal and glass surfaces, gas tank,rims and head lamp cover, the Plexus felt more slippery, plastics felt the same as far as I could tell. All the clear Glass,lamp covers, windscreen etc surfaces cleaned up excellent with both products.

Also I realize that some Busaheads spray on the cloth then wipe - and some spray on the bike then wipe it. Shouldn't make a difference if your quick and complete,it might if your not? That being said, I did a little direct spot spray test to the body with both products and let it sit. The Plexus wiped away clean, the Honda wiped away but left a very very slight saturation discoloration where it sat so faint it wouldn't photo, if this evaporates/goes away over time-we'll see. If you weren't doing a test - you wouldn't know,it's that faint. But for the perfectionist?

Both are excellent all-in-one products and should work on a variety of surfaces.

The pics, Enjoy.

Before, Plexus

honda_plexus_001.jpg

Maybe it's just the pics but it's hard to tell that there is much difference.

--Wag--

I did this test again using a paper towel instead of a micro cloth to see what would happen.
Plexus left,  Honda right. You can see little fluid droplets on the Honda side

honda_plexus_025.jpg

Despite their physical differences, They both cut through the crud and got the job done and both look great, both get an A+
Cost? a dollar here or there, forget it, choose ether one or both.

honda_plexus_039.jpg

Wow Bill seems like you've got lots of free time on your hands, I've got a can of each of those occupying a space on the shelf and even gave each a quick try but I keep goin back to this . . NXT

NXT.jpg

They both look to work great. I use Silkolene Pro Prep myself. Goes on very light and keeps the bike looking new. Great writeup

Back