Wax on Wax off

Re: Pledge

Been experimenting with Pledge on any and every plastisized coated and polished finish I can; motorcycles, trucks, autos, any thing chrome for sure...beats the cost of any detailer you can buy and does a fantastic job! Kudos to Johnson and Johnson and I would suggest everyone nominate 'sleepless_red' for the most inovative busa idea award for this year! :bowdown: :cheerleader: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Been experimenting with Pledge on any and every plastisized coated and polished finish I can; motorcycles, trucks, autos, any thing chrome for sure...beats the cost of any detailer you can buy and does a fantastic job! Kudos to Johnson and Johnson and I would suggest everyone nominate 'sleepless_red' for the most inovative busa idea award for this year! :bowdown: :cheerleader: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

:laugh:
Thanks. I just wanted to share what worked for me. :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Funny you mentioned about other stuff. I Pledged my wife's Honda Civic last weekend and her co-worker asked how much she paid to get it detailed. She was jealous and wanted to get hers done, too.:rofl:

Let's not forget mike1180 for sharing the Dupont Chain wax. If it wasn't for him, our rear wheel/chain wouldn't stay that clean. Thanks again, mike1180.:-)

Last edited:

Does anyone have any before and after pledge shots? You definitely have me interested. Do you put on everything or are there some areas of the bike you don't apply it?

Thanks.

Does anyone have any before and after pledge shots? You definitely have me interested. Do you put on everything or are there some areas of the bike you don't apply it?

Thanks.

Sorry, Could not resist using this!

633761899407989620-facepalm.jpg

Thanks.

Before
4658885341_7680474055_b.jpg

4659511292_65d907135b_b.jpg

4658894599_92900c85c0_b.jpg

After
4666135501_742a3e16da_b.jpg

4666130073_2bb695a3d5_b.jpg

4666755388_6da6cf5c38_b.jpg

+1000:thumbsup:

By the way, you don't want them on your tires, seat, grips, rotors, or the rubber part of your foot peg. If I missed something, please add them. The rest, you can do.....even the stanchion tubes of your forks. I do it to mine, too. I even do the exhausts...midpipes, too.

Thanks, are you putting it on your windscreen, wheels, and any chrome or just the fairings?

Windscreen inside and out, wheels, any chrome you have, gauges, etc. Go ahead. You'll be thankful you did.:beerchug:

Thanks Sleepless! :thumbsup:

You're welcome. Sorry, it took me a few minutes. Please don't forget the pics. Thanks.:beerchug:

Did I mention she's 2 years and 9 months old???

Last edited:

Here's more. These are older ones but I just want to show you the result.
4646017058_52ab48c0b5_b.jpg

4645405529_3a658f3e3b_b.jpg

4641232675_0c6d925b03_b.jpg

I really like this one. It really shows how clean the plastics are.
4520721519_0381767fc8_b.jpg

Ooops!!! I almost forgot. Don't forget to do your helmet and leather jacket.:beerchug:

Back